Eight

Madison sat in the park with Summer. She smiled. She was worried. She was worried about Rachel and how she was trying to take Summer away. She looked up as Max walked over with Lillie. She smiled. "Hi beautiful girl," she said as Lillie giggled.

Max lifted her into the swing and smiled. "I offered to take her for the weekend. Amelia is pregnant. And Tom is going to take her away for the weekend. I've contacted my lawyer and warned him about what Rachel is trying to do. So he is prepared," Max told her.

"If only I could afford one. I'm a single mum trying my best. But I'm a good mum," Madison told him.

Max smiled as be looked at her. "That's why I have an idea. You never did a DNA test when you had Summer.  So what if we say that she's mine. It will get Chris off your back. And that way I can get my lawyer in to protect you and Summer."

Madison frowned as she looked at him. "You'd really do that for me?" She asked.

Max smiled and looked into her eyes. "Of course. Besides we both remember that night. And we both know she could be," he said as Madison smiled and looked at him.

****

Madison got to Amelia's and smiled. Amelia smiled. "You look in a better mood. Are you finally calming down about mum. And trying to take the girls away? You know she can't do it. We haven't hurt them. They can't take them away," Amelia said.

Madison looked at her sister and smiled. "I know. I'm just worried. I mean you know what it's like with mum. Max said he's going to help me keep Summer. And I appreciate that," she said.

Amelia raised her eyebrows as she looked to her. "Should I be worried about you and Max and how close you're getting? Be careful. You know the type of man he is. I mean I loved him once. He's a great father. But I wouldn't trust him," Amelia said.

Madison nodded. "I know. He's only trying to help. He doesn't want me to lose Summer like he doesn't want to lose Lillie. It'll be okay. I know it's a mess," said Madison.

Amelia smiled. "I know. Just be careful. He's a good man. But he's not someone you want to cross. That's all I'm saying," Amelia said as Madison looked to her and smiled.

****

Madison sighed to herself as she got home. She saw Rachel. She hated Rachel for what she was trying to do. But she didn't want to let on that she knew about Rachel's plan. "Where have you been? It's cold out there for her," Rachel said.

"I know how to look after my daughter," Madison told her.

"Of course you do."

"Then let me. As I don't need you breathing down my neck about it," Madison said.

Rachel looked to her and nodded. "Of course darling," she said as Madison sighed.

She knew that she would do anything to keep Summer. But saying that she was Max's daughter was a big thing. But could she do it?