Eleven

Madison knew how the results were in for the DNA test. But she knew how she hadn't opened them. She knew that she was scared about what they'd say.

She knew if max was Summer's father, how it would change everything. And she just didn't know how she felt about that.

All that she knew was that Chris had never stepped up. And now suddenly he wanted to be a father to her.

She knew it was a game. And she knew it was because of Rachel. She knew how Rachel didn't like that Madison and Max were spending time together.

Madison sat with Summer and smiled as she looked to her. She knew how hard that things were.

Madison was in the bedroom with Summer as she was getting her ready. She knew how much that her daughter was growing up.

She knew that becoming a mum was the hardest thing. But she knew how much she loved her daughter. She knew that she couldn't lose her.

Madison got ready for work as she walked into the kitchen. She knew that she needed to tell Max about the results. But she was scared. She looked to the envelope on the side and put it into her bag and sighed.

She knew how messy that things were. But she knew how she'd deal with it later.

She knew how she had to go to work and see Max. She knew that they'd have to open the results together.

She knew just how nervous she was about it.

****

Madison got to work. She was stood in the staffroom. She saw Amelia as she walked in.

Amelia smiled as she looked to her. "Hey how are you doing?" She asked.

Madison looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. I got the results back from the DNA results. I haven't looked. I mean it's a big deal," she said.

Amelia looked to her and smiled. "Yeah it is. And it's scary. But it will be okay. You're my sister. And I am here for you. I know the stress that mum is putting you under. But if Max is Summer's dad then good. I mean he's a great dad. And I say that as someone who has a child with him," she said.

Madison smiled. "It's complicated. They'd not just be cousins. But sister Summer and Lily."

"That's true. But we have never done thinks simply have we," Amelia said as Madison smiled knowing that she was right.

Madison knew how worried amd anxious that she was feeling about things.

****

Madison walked into Max's office. He looked to her and smiled. "Hey."

"I got the results. I haven't opened them yet," she said as she held the envelope in her hands.

Max stood from where he was standing behind the desk. He walked over to her. "Can I?" He asked as she nodded.

She handed him the results and watched as he opened them and waited anxiously as Max looked to her.

"Well what does it say?" She asked as the two of them held a looked for a moment.

"It says that..."