Twelve

Madison stood in the room. She looked to Max as he finished reading the results. "Are you sure?" Madison asked.

Max nodded. "Yes it's what she says. Summer is my daughter," he said. 

Madison smiled. "That's great to hear. That's what I wanted. I know that this is a shock but it will be okay," she said.

Max looked to her and smiled. "Of course it will. Now we know the truth we know that Chris can't do anything. And how he can't take Summer. I know it's a lot, but it will be okay. I promise," he said as she looked to him and smiled.  

She knew it wasn't easy. And she knew how scared that she had been over things but she wanted it to all be okay and to work out.

She knew that all that she ever wanted to do was be a good mum. And now she knew that Chris's couldn't take away Summer she felt as if things would finally be okay. 

"I know that we need to talk about this. It scared me," she said.

Max took a hold of her hand and smiled. "I haven't been the best dad to Lillie. I wasn't there for almost three years because of how I hurt Amelia. But I swear I want to be there for you. And I want to make this work out. I want for things to be okay," he told her.

Madison looked to him and smiled. "I want that too."

****

Madison stood in the staffroom. She smiled as she looked to see Amelia as she walked in. She smiled. "Hey are you okay?" She asked as she looked to her sister.

Madison looked to her and smiled. "Yeah I'm good. I finally feel as if things are falling into place, you know? And that everything will be okay. It's all I want. I just want everything to be okay. I want to be a good mum to Summer and look after her."

"And you are. I know it's been a lot but it will be okay."

"Max is her father. I got the results. So I thought that you should know. As it means Lillie is her sister and also her cousin," Madison said.

Amelia smiled. "The situation is complicated. I'll give you that. But Max is a good dad. And he will be a good dad to Summer. You have nothing to worry about," she said as Madison looked to her and smiled.

****

Madison smiled as she picked up Summer from the crèche and smiled. She held her daughter close and kissed her head and smiled.

"Mummy loves you so much. It's all going to be okay I promise," Madison said.

She knew how none of it had been easy. But now she felt as if things were finally falling into place for her. And all that she wanted to do was look after her little girl. And be a good mum.

She knew how none of it was easy. But Madison had no idea just how things were going to change between her and Max