Five

Madison had been thinking about Max's offer for the lawyer. She knew she wouldn't be able to afford a custody battle. She knew she would lose Summer to Chris and she didn't want that.

When morning came, Madison had Summer in bed with her. She smiled and held her baby girl close to her. She didn't want to lose her at all.

Madison took her downstairs. Amelia grinned. "Hi my cutie," she said as she took her niece from Madison.

Amelia knew about how Chris was threatening to go for custody of  Summer. She hated how he was messing with Madison's head.

***
Madison went to work. She heard Summer babbling to herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe her baby was almost one. She loved her more than life itself.

Madison carried Summer inside. Max walked over and smiled. "Morning," He said as he took Summer. She laid her head on his shoulder. "You okay?"

Madison shook her head. "No. I'm freaking out. Chris text me last night. He said he's speaking with his lawyer tonight. I'm going to lose her," she sobbed.

Max held her close. He wasn't going to let her lose Summer. He handed her back and kissed Madison. "I'll see you in a little bit."

***
Chris looked up as Max walked in. He rolled his eyes. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"You're not going to win custody of Summer. There isn't a judge in the United Kingdom that would give a baby to a father who doesn't acknowledge her," he said.

Chris rolled his eyes. "We'll see. Madison isn't a fit mother. She's a teenage mum who's at University part time and working here. Summer is probably left with Rachel at all times."

Max shook his head. "No. Wherever Madison goes, Summer goes. Trust me on that. You won't get that little girl. I'm telling you now."

***
Madison sat in the staffroom. She was trying to hide her tears as people came in. Amelia saw Madison crying and walked over to her sister. "What's happened?"

"Chris is going to his lawyer tonight. He's beginning the procedure for getting Summer from me," she sobbed.

Amelia was fuming. She wasn't going to let her niece go to live with a man who didn't want her. She held her sister close. "He won't get her. I promise you Madison."

Madison nodded and wiped away her tears. She trusted her sister and she trusted Max.

***
Max had an idea. He needed Amelia's approval on it though. He text her to come to the office. Amelia walked in. "What's up baby daddy?" She asked. She was glad the two of them were on good terms.

Max sighed. "I've been thinking of a way to help Madison. I want your approval as this could potentially affect Lillie-Mae too."

"Right?"

"I want to put it on Summer's birth certificate that I'm her father. That way Chris wouldn't be able to get her."

Amelia was shocked. She could could understand why Max would want to do that. "That means telling Lillie that Summer is her sister."

Max nodded. "I'm aware."

Amelia sighed. "If it'll help Madison then go for it."

***
Amelia could see how much Max loved her sister. She was glad that there was a chance Madison would get her happy ending.

***
Madison sat with Summer. She knew she needed to leave. But how could she leave Max?