Pre Tour

Marina's POV

'Lana: I'm outside ur house'

I lower my brows at the text I just got.

Surely not?

I look out of my window and her cars there. So I guess she wasn't lying.

To be honest, it does give me a feeling of excitement. I feel nervous and intimidated, but I'm excited for her attention. As always.

I run downstairs and get to the door, then catch my breath for a second so that it seems casual. Then I open the door

"How come you're here?" I ask her, she smiles

"Nice to see you too.. I'm here because I got you something" she tells me, starting to walk to her car. I follow her.

Luckily, I have shoes on. But I'd probably have followed her outdoors even if I didn't. She's very intriguing.

She opens up the boot of her car

"Surprise.." she picks up a box "I got you a kettle"

"No way" I smile "thank you" I take the box from her "that's so thoughtful"

"I just remembered you complaining about it last time" she pauses "let's go set it up. And test it out."

Lana is very clever. By doing this, she's invited herself over for tea and given me a gift I'm going to use daily. She's making sure I think about her all the time.

But she has been very sweet. And the kettle she bought me is a nice shiny back one. I like it a lot. It looks cool in my kitchen.

"Here you are.." I give her the tea I made for her

"Thank you.." she mumbles, adjusting her grip on the mug so she doesn't burn herself. It's cute to watch.

I realise I can't decide where to sit though. How close is too close?

"Would you hurry up?" She asks

"Why?"

"I want to look at you" she pats the space next to her. I obediently sit down "good.."

I have to say, the way her praise came out huskily was quite a turn on.

"Why do you want to look at me?" I ask, keeping on top of my thoughts. I'm not letting her win today.

"Sit still." She tells me, moving my hair from my neck whilst I sit there obediently. I think she's looking for the hickey she made. "Shame.. My hard work is gone. You should let me replicate it." she takes her hands off me and sips her tea.

I don't really know how to reply, so I sip my tea too whilst I think of what to say next.

"Careful. It's pretty hot still" She says, I roll my eyes

"I can handle hot tea. I am British, after all."

"Kind of a bitch too" she says plainly. Maybe I was wrong to mock her, she was just being nice. But in my defence, it's hard to tell her intentions. She probably just wanted to control and patronise me. "How's work been since we spoke last?"

"Quite good actually" I can't help but smile. I've been struck with inspiration lately. I'm touring very soon and EVOL is coming along nicely. That song is all down to Lana and the confusing things she makes me feel. "I'm enjoying writing and my work in progress is sounding exactly how I want it to. Although, I don't see it becoming mainstream or a hit or anything."

"Does that matter to you?" She asks, I raise my shoulders

"I can't tell. That's what I'm meant to want as an artist, isn't it? For my songs to be big successful hits?"