Brilliant

Lizzy's POV

"I don't know, I want something new.." I tell Blake, my guitar player. "Something East Coast, but with the darkest parts of the West Coast. Something cool and bluesy, something-"

"About money and drugs?" Blake interrupts, smirking. I hate to say it, but he's right. "And loving bad men?"

"Shut up.. They're my favourite things to sing about, I won't stop." I defend, he just smiles

"I know, I know. So what are you looking to me for?"

We spend a couple of hours in the studio, Blake coming up with chord progressions and me singing to them. It goes exceptionally well, and I almost have a new song out of it. It'll be called Pretty When You Cry, but it's not even nearly finished yet. Songwriting is a long process.

I feel excited about my new album, even though it doesn't have a name yet. I'm still playing around with some name ideas.

"I think that sounds incredible." Blake says, putting away his guitar "Just let me know when you wanna record some more."

"I will.." I take a bottle of water out of my mini fridge "Are you thirsty?"

"No I'm good don't worry, I'm gonna have to go pretty soon anyways."

"Oh? How come?" I ask, opening my water and taking a sip. I love having ice cold water at hand all the time. I'm really lucky having this studio, especially because I have it all to myself.

"I have dinner plans with my girlfriend." He pauses "Actually, don't you have a boyfriend or something? You're... I don't know, lighter, and happier. You seem to text someone a lot nowadays. And besides that, you're usually taken in the summer."

"It's.. very complicated." I simplify. He doesn't even suspect that I'm gay.

I do very well at pretending I'm straight in my music, and my music videos - which is more than Marina can say.

"We can talk about it if you like..? I don't know how much I can help, but.." Blake offers sweetly. He's a nice guy. If I was straight, I think I'd be jealous of his girlfriend for finding a man that has the ability to feel.

"I'm good Blake don't worry." I smile, he smiles too. I think it's with relief; he's willing to help, but afraid to fuck up. "You should go see your girl."

"I will. I'll see you later Lana, text me if you need anything." He says whilst I lead him back to the door of my studio. Today has been his first visit here.

"Will do, drive safe." I tell him, shutting the door behind him.

Almost too enthusiastically, I reach for my phone. I know exactly who I want to call, and who I want to see right now.

I call her up and she answers relatively quickly. I get the feeling that maybe she was trying to make me wait for it.

"Hey. Are you busy?" I ask her. I want to see her so badly. I really hope she's free.

"Kind of.." she replies. I hold back a sulky groan. "I've been rehearsing, but I'm finishing up now." My ears prick up.

"Oh? I can pick you up?"  I suggest, grabbing my car keys. She laughs

"Did I just hear your keys jingle? Are you eager to see me or something?" She teases, I can't help but smile

"Maybe a little.. So what do you say? Send me your location?"

In an embarrassingly short amount of time, I get to her rehearsal venue. It's where she's playing tomorrow night, but it's quiet because her fans haven't clocked that she's here yet. She's performing a one off show, so her tour buses aren't here to give her away.