Changing Rooms

Marina's POV

"What are you doing?" I jump at the voice behind me. It's only Lizzy, but I scare easily. I turn around to see her.

It's a beautifully warm Los Angeles morning and I'm outside my house trying to hook up a hanging plant. But it's not working, and she knows it isn't, so she's smiling at my failed attempts.

"Trying to put this bloody thing up.." I tell her, she laughs a little

"Let me help you?"

"How?" I ask

"The problem is that you're too short. I'm taller than you, so I think I'd be able to do it easily." She says confidently. I laugh a little, but only sarcastically.

"You think you're that much taller than me?" I ask, she nods "I'd like to see you try then." I give her the plant.

I hate to say it, but she reaches up and hangs it with ease. I feel bitter about it.

"Thanks." I mumble, she smirks

"No problem. Can I take you out today?"

"Really?" I ask, she nods

"Yeah I'll take you to the movies, get you lunch, maybe go shopping if you like? It's up to you, but I think it's a shame for you to look so pretty and not be going anywhere." She says to me, I smile a little.

"You're very flattering.."

"So can I take you out?"

"Yeah but I need to change first, I'm all mucky from gardening.." I look at my clothes and hands. They're only a bit muddy, but far too muddy for a celebrity to be seen leaving her house in.

"Shall I follow you in?" She asks, I nod

"May as well. You could even watch me change, it's nothing you haven't seen before." I joke, leading her into my house. She shuts the door behind us and kisses me. It's only gentle but the way she ends it with a lip bite is sexy

"You really spoil me. I can't believe I get to kiss you and watch you undress."

"What's gotten into you today? You're so into me." I tease, she smiles

"Shut up.. You know how hot I think you are."

"I missed you, you know.." I say, taking her upstairs to my bedroom. "It felt longer than a week. I began to get used to you not demanding my undivided attention. It was odd.." I joke, she makes an unamused noise. Kind of a scoff.

"Aren't you so hilarious?"

"I try to be." I go into my room and she follows. "I did miss you though..." I get close to her, so close that I can smell her expensive perfume. She's very addictive.

"I missed you too. You've made me all confused though." She says, I lower my brows to ask 'how?'. "You know, dating and stuff."

"Oh. You're brave talking about that with me openly."

"I know, but I was thinking about it, and the thought of you with anyone else kills me." She tells me bravely.

It's the most open and forward thing she's ever said. It still doesn't make sense to me why she likes me, or if her liking me is just her getting closure after what I put her through last year. Either way, I'm impressed by her openness but scared to respond.

Of course I like her back, but what if I get hurt?

"I don't like thinking about you with other people either. It could make me sick." I reply, she smirks. Her little smiles and smirks always put me more at ease. She's very nice to look at, and she has this air about her that makes you feel like you can tell her anything.