Lake Trip

Marina's POV

When I wake up, the bedroom is beautifully bright. I can see it in full; the wood tone walls, the stoney accents, the cozy furniture. And most importantly, I can see Lizzy sleeping next to me.

I don't mean to be selfish, but I want her awake. I don't want to waste any of our time together, especially not on something silly, like sleeping.

"Lizzy.." I whisper, softly stroking her hair behind her ear. "Lizzy.." I whisper again, but this time a little louder.

No response. Great.. I think I know what to do.

I lean down over her and start to give her soft kisses all over her pretty face. I kiss her for probably six seconds before I feel her face move slightly. I move back and look at her, seeing a smile play at her lips.

"Are you awake?" I whisper, she nods a little but keeps her eyes closed. "Wake up.."

"Is there something wrong?" She rubs her eyes and then blinks them open. I sort of get distracted by the beautiful green of her eyes for a second, but then I remember that I'm meant to be telling her to move.

"Yes there's something wrong, I want to spend all day with you and we're still in bed.." I explain, she laughs a little "What?"

"We are spending all day together. This is a part of our day, and it could be one of our favourites."

"What do you mean?" I ask, she pulls me down onto her so that my forehead is against her neck. It's comfortable.

"You enjoyed cuddling last night, and you're enjoying it now, it seems. This must be what happens in bed with someone you feel like this about."

"So it's not a waste of the day.." I conclude. It's things like this that remind me that Lizzy is really smart.

"Exactly."

"Well that's alright then."

"It is.." she strokes down the outside of my arm softly "So what would you like to do today, baby?"

"What would you suggest? I haven't ever been here before."

"I want to take you down to the lake. It's gonna be a nice sunny day and I think we could go enjoy it there."

"Isn't it meant to be cold here?" I ask

"It has warm summers and freezing winters, plus it's a lot colder up the mountain like we are. By the lake it should be pretty warm." She pauses "Fresh, and probably kinda cool in parts, but still warm and sunny."

"That sounds nice" I turn my head slightly and kiss her neck.

"Mmh.. You know, I'm lucky I have you. You're not only super hot, but you're the only person I've ever really really truly wanted to be around all the time."

"I feel the same" I can't help but smile "It's really lucky that we feel like this about each other."

"I don't think many people get this lucky.. There isn't anyone like you, so it's easy to see why."

I've come to decide that I really love lying in bed with her. If I move my head a little lower, I can hear the soft, comforting thump of her heart. It's sort of fascinating hearing her body work; this beautiful beautiful girl that I believe is absolutely perfect is only human too.

"I think I could stay here with you forever."

"You'd want forever with me?" She asks, I smile a little

"Lizzy.. You're embarrassing me.."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the spot." She says sort of sheepishly