Getaway

Marina's POV

"But where are we going?" I ask her, yet again.

"You'll see. Don't be so impatient, Marina.." she tells me, putting me in my place as she checks our luggage in at the airport. "Now you did pack warm clothes like I asked, didn't you?"

"I did."

"That's my girl." She smiles, I can't help but smile too. She's been extra soft with me since I told her I was all hers. I think she really really likes me.

It feels really exciting to be with her like this - it's serious but not scary. I want to do everything with her, so when she told me she was taking me on a weekend away, I couldn't pack quick enough. I don't even know where we're going, but I'm excited to go anywhere with her.

"When will I find out where we're going?" I ask her, she raises her shoulders

"I suppose once you work out which plane coincides with the time I told you we're flying at." She hands our passports to the person at the baggage check-in.

Whilst our bags get sent through, I glance around for a board of flights to look at. It's around 1pm now and she said that we were flying at 3pm. The only flight that matches up to that is Colorado.

"Colorado? What're we gonna do there?" I smile with excitement, watching her take back our passports.

"I'm taking you away to a cozy little cabin in the Rocky Mountains for a couple days.. I thought the fresh mountain air could help us escape the punishing Los Angeles heat." She tells me, leading me through to security.

I feel like she could make me melt.

"Really?" I ask, wanting to squeeze her. She smiles

"Yeah, I hope you're pleased with your surprise."

"I really am. It sounds excellent." I instinctively grab her hand, she squeezes mine softly.

"Good. Now stop being gay before someone recognises us and we get outed by the media." She teases, still holding my hand, making me the one to let go first.

"Fine. But I'll hold it again on the plane."

We get through security relatively quickly and then head to the gate to start boarding. Lizzy booked us in first class to really treat me, so that means we get to board first.

The plane won't be too long, only two hours or so. I'm excited to be sat close to her for that long, and in the privacy of the first class seats. I haven't ever flown in first class because I haven't ever seen the point. Lizzy, however, is a little less stingy with her money, so she's very used to first class by now.

"I have to say, from what I've seen of first class seating, I'm a fan." I tell her, sitting next to her in our little closed off pod. She smiles

"You're being so cute.."

"No, I'm just excited.." I hold her hand, like I said I would before. "Thank you for this, by the way. I feel really lucky."

"You're welcome. Thanks for agreeing to come with me, I think it'll be a fun weekend."

"Me too, I'm really glad we were both free at the same time." I stroke the back of her hand "I don't know how to say thank you enough."

"You could repay me in kisses?" She suggests "I really wouldn't mind that."

"I can certainly do that" I smile, she smiles back. "You're really so sweet to me. I can't believe how much our dynamic has changed."

"For the better?" She asks, making sure. I laugh a little