douze

a/n:

holy moly already at 1.7k

i love u <33

this chapter sucks ass :)

billie eilish, november 2nd

santa monica | CA

i sat in the backseat playing with the bottom of my shirt. i was nervous as fuck, and it was setting off my tics. finneas could see but he knew i didn't really wanna talk about the whole lilou situation with me again after last time so he stayed quiet. 

lilou immediately said yes when i asked her. which at first i was super excited but now its just boiled down to anxiety. 

"turn right in 0.2 miles and you have reached your destination" finneas' phone gps said making my heart beat quicken. i looked out the window at all of the houses until the car slowed to a stop in front of a double story. the grey paint covering it's exterior looked fresh and the garden looked well trimmed.

"billie," finneas said after a few moments of me not getting out of the car. "oh, uhm yeah" i shook my head and grabbed onto my door handle. i opened the door and stepped out but fell back onto the leather seats. 

i hadn't taken my seatbelt off yet.

i could hear finneas trying to suppress his laughter as i unbuckled it. i glared at him as i stood and began to walk to the front door. 

i took a shaky breath before reaching out to knock on the door. but the door swung open before my fist could touch it, causing me to stumble inside straight into someone.

"i'm so sorry-"

"billie!"

lilou quickly wrapped her arms around me and just about picked me up off the ground. i let out a surprised squeal and danced my tiptoes on the wood floor trying to get down. 

she put me down and cupped my cheeks with her hand, squeezing the skin between her thumbs. "lilouuu" i whined pushing her hands off. she giggled and dropped her hands. "hello billie" she grinned putting her hands behind her back.

i looked up at her feeling slightly bewildered. "hi, uhm i didn't think you were gonna be that tall" i chuckled nervously. she laughed again, "and i didn't think you were gonna be that small"  

"heyy, i'm not that small" i pouted scuffing my shoe a little against the ground. "i'm not saying it's a bad thing, you're very cute" lilou said picking up my hand and holding it in hers.

 when i thought the butterflies were bad when she complimented me over the phone, it really gave me a false sense of what i was currently feeling right now. 

my whole face turned bright pink, my whole stomach doing flips. i quickly looked down to hide the blush. 

"let's not keep your brother waiting, hey?" lilou suggested starting to move out the door. i followed her out so she could shut the door behind us. she kept a hold of my hand as we walked down to finneas' car. 

i hopped in the car first and lilou followed behind. "lilou, this is my brother finneas, or asshole, depending on my mood," i said pointing at him. she laughed behind her hand, "hello finneas"

"and this is his girlfriend claudia" i continued. lilou waved at her before buckling her seatbelt. finneas gave lilou a smile and started driving. "where are you from?" claudia asked. "france, i moved to america when i was eleven" lilou replied. 

"oh sick, i love your accent"

"thank you claudia, you're too kind" 

we sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes until lilou leaned over towards me. she started whispering something so i turned my head to pay attention but apparently she was closer than i expected. 

her whispering wavered as she tried not to laugh in my face. "what?" i whispered back also trying not to break into a fit of giggles. "where-where are we going?" she asked quietly sniggering. 

"fin, what movie are we going to see?" i asked him quickly. "a quiet place i think it was called" he responded. 

"okay so we're gonna go to the movies to watch a quiet place and then we're gonna go get lunch and hang around the mall for a bit, is that okay?" i explained.

lilou nodded, "i can't even believe this right now"

"huh?"

"like- well, you," she stated gesturing at me. "you're not behind a screen, i can squish your cheeks" she said leaning over and poking one of my dimples. i giggled and pulled out my phone. once i unlocked it, it automatically opened to my camera roll.

lilou looked over and gasped. i quickly pressed my phone to my chest so she couldn't see any more. 

i had screenshotted lilou, on facetime...a lot of times i do have to admit. 

"billie, stop that is adorable" she said. "nooo, shut up" i said turning away from her. "billie," she laughed, "let me see them"

"no" 

"please angel?"

"lilou! not in front of asshole!"

she laughed again. "just let me see, please..." but then mouthing 'baby'. i bit the inside of my cheek and handed her my phone reluctantly. "thank you. oh my god, billiee!" she said swiping through them. 

"okay enough now" i snatched my phone back and folded my arms. "that's really cute" lilou said again making me slide down in my seat in embarrassment.

"you wanna see something?"

i perked up and looked back over to lilou. she pulled out her phone and showed me her recent instagram searches. it was just me and fan pages of me.

"someone's obsessed" i joked. "and you can talk?" she said making me shrink down a little. i felt like i was in trouble.

lilou looked at me curiously. "i was kidding ma chérie" she said putting a hand on my arm. "oh yeah, i knew that" i cleared my throat and sat up properly. 

"doesn't look like it" lilou smirked.

oh shit.