cinquante-six

a/n:

my dad has covid so i get a week off school, u know what that means? ;)

hellooo wattpad!!

everyone write the first song that comes into ur brain rn. >

i'll go first

lilou roux, december 25th, christmas day

santa monica | CA

"are you fucking kidding me?!" i yelled, reading a message that had just come through on my phone. "what...?" jules asked cautiously from where he was sat in the living room. "dad's not coming! j, i am so done with his shit!" i yelled again, throwing my arms about. "he's not? fucking asshole, can't even give up a day of work to spend christmas with his kids," jules scoffed.

i fell into the couch and sighed heavily, clenching my fists. "i have given that man so many chances, but i'm done. sooo done." i spat angrily. "me fucking too," my brother agreed with a shake of his head in disapproval. 

i pulled up my messages again, ignoring my dad's unopened message and clicked onto billie's contact.

billie bear :)
310-254-4712

hi my love
merry christmas
can i ask something of you?

HI
merry christmas lou!
yes u can

so i got some really disappointing news
my dad wont be coming home :(
so it's just me and jules at home
could we come over and celebrate with you?

oh nooo :((
i'm so sorry lilou
yeah of course u two can come over
ill make u guys hot chocolate

it's alright
thank u so much billie
i love you

no problemo
i'll give u a big fat kiss and hug
i love u

not if i give u one first <3333

"hey, billie said we can go over to her house, and she's making us hot chocolate apparently," i said with a small smile. "okay," jules sighed. "she's excited to meet you," i said as i sat up. 

"can you put those few presents in a bag, we'll take them over, i'll go get the ones for billie's family," i asked pointing under the tree. he nodded, so i headed up to my room. i picked up the tote bag with the few gifts in it, but before i walked back i paused.

i hesitantly checked my bank account out of curiosity.

christmas present
+ $2,067

of-fucking-course. 

i rolled my eyes and made my way back to jules who was almost done gathering the presents from under the tree. "my car?" i asked. "yeah sure, i'm sick of driving," jules said stretching his back as he stood up.

"k, let's get outta here and to a place where we actually feel loved," i said in tone where it could be taken as a joke, but things like that aren't really feeling like jokes anymore. 

we got into my car, i quickly had to put a few of billies things in the back seat so my brother could sit down properly. soon after we started the half hour drive down to highland park. we listened to christmas songs quietly in comfortable silence the whole way, neither of us having anything else to say about our fuck up of a father.