Cute Scene: His Eyes

Gilbert Blyth watched the trees through the murky window. After visiting new horizons and distant towns, it felt strangely deflating to recognise Prince Edward Island scenery. Unfortunately, it held its own rugged beauty, but it felt that his father's sickness would suddenly meet them as they walked into the musky entrance of the Blyth family home. He found himself wishing for one more day, where their worries could be left behind. Alas, they sat eagerly waiting for their arrival at the Avonlea train station. "Are you ready father?" Gilbert asked the old man who sat across from him. He noticed the man's cheeks pull up into a soft grin. Strained, but at least his cheeks held colour and his eyes happiness. That was all he could wish for on days like this.

They had become experts of disembarking with Gilbert assisting his father out and then retrieving the luggage. With his cane, Mr Blyth could manage to hobble towards the waiting cart. They had written back to Mr Lynd who happily offered to take them back to their home. The man approached quickly and assisted Mr Blyth into the cart. He was gracious for all the friends they had on the islands, he couldn't think of anyone who would not offer them assistance.

"How was it then? Mrs Lynd says that one must not travel too far for amusements. She was mighty glad to have seen your letter arrive Gilbert, my boy. You know how she worries. So I told her, said I, you would return with better spirits than when you left. I daren't say I was right" the blabber in was comforting after spending so long in silence. The snow-covered landscape and dry trees, we're not the most gracious of welcomes but as their stone house appeared in the distance, he couldn't help but feel happy to finally be home....

Continue reading this AWAE fanfiction called His Eyes (Series through Gilbert Blyth point of view)!