Season 4 Episode 13: Wedding bells are ringing

Anne stood Infront of the mirror. She didn't recognise herself which her white gown and hair pinned up. In her hair, she wore a flower crown and Marilla's veil. Marilla and Mathew entered the room and gasped at the sight. "Anne you are a beautiful bride" Marilla exclaimed happily and moving forward to give her a hug. Anne was caught off guard before hugging the woman back. Mathew muttered something before hugging the girl.

Anne's bridesmaid Diana along with Ruby and Josie walked in and were full of giggles. None of them would have ever imagined Anne getting married before them, but with all of them and their flower crowns, made them all look like princesses. "Let's do this?" Anne asked nervously. Marilla nodded and took her hand, Marilla took the bouquet of summer flowers and walked downstairs of Aunty Jo's house. There was a church nearby that they travelled to and it was almost full of both their friends.

Gilbert was nervous, not because he didn't expect Anne not to show up or want to marry him, but because this day had been only apart of his dreams. Standing there in front of their friends and family we tried to look calm and composed. So he started thinking about the last letter he had gotten from Anne, he didn't expect anything from her until the end of her exams so getting such a heartfelt letter made him more calm as he waited.

And in that moment, time slowed down, the doors opened and I'm came Marilla who sat down at the front row. She was followed by Ruby then Diana. Finally holding Mathews arm he saw Anne. His Anne. She looked beautiful,

As beautiful as she did when he bumped into her on the way to school

As beautiful as she did when he arrived back from Trinidad and the steamer

As beautiful as she did when he danced with her at the dance

As beautiful as she did when she was so drunk that she danced, and her hair looked aflame

As beautiful as she did when he left her towards Toronto

"Hi" Anne smiled.

"Hi" he breathed taking her hands. He didn't even realise that the ceremony had started until Anne smiled sweetly and said the two word he longed to hear at the moment.

"I do" she squeezed his hands.

"And do you Gilbert Blythe take Anne Shirley Cuthbert as your wife?" he ministers asked

"I do" Gilbert nodded.

"Then, I have the honour to pronounce you husband and wife, may I be the first to introduce Mr and Mrs. Gilbert Blythe" even walking down the aisle Anne couldn't stop staring up at Gilbert. Gilbert pulled her forward and raced out of the room, picking her up and swinging Anne around. The young couple burst into laughter as Anne touched the ground.

"Mrs Blythe" he whispered, his heart hurting of happiness. Quickly tucking in a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Mr Blythe" Anne smartly added looking up with content. "My Mr Blythe" she whispered without even knowing. How did she get to be here, in this blissful moment of pure happiness? As the others joined the happy couple, they made their way to Aunt Jo's house. When they and everyone arrived, it was just many people congratulating them. Finding a quiet spot Gilbert brought his glass up to cheers Bash, who was the doting older brother.

Anne was the centre of attention of the girls on the other side of the room, who all had many things to say about how perfect of a day it was. It was soon into the evening and they had cut the cake and danced. As Anne and Gilbert took the time to thank Aunt Jo for her hospitality, Rachel Lind interjected "Anne you look quite beautiful, if I should say so myself" she muttered happily.

"She sure does Mrs Lind, thank you for joining us today" Gilbert answered, which made Anne smile inside. After telling him about what she said to her as a child, he didn't want Mrs Linds unwanted opinions to do harm again.

Looking up at Gilbert as Aunt Jo retired to sit down with Cole "lets go" Gilbert nodded before letting Anne say goodbye to Marilla and Mathew and Bash. Together in the coolness of the night, all the stars came out to celebrate them. Anne and Gilbert knew what was to come that evening but neither were scared of it.

Waking up, Anne saw her dress folded on the chair along with her peticoats and shoes, reminding her of where she was. Looking over she saw a mop of messy dark hair littering the cream pillow beside her. Leaning down she pressed a kiss on the tip of his nose, his forehead and right cheek, watching him stir and wake up. Sitting up she watched him turn and open his eyes. "The day has begun" Anne smiled "and there is so much we can do today" she added tilting her head waiting for him to wake up.

"Good morning Anne" Gilbert smiled sleepily opening his arms for her to crawl into. Crawling forward Anne lay down and looked up. "This is what I want to do today" he added playing with her messy hair. Anne realised that he often seemed to be touching her hair unintentionally, she loved how just by gliding his fingers through her hair, her thoughts disappeared. 

Thank you for reading, please support me by liking this chapter! Hope you have an amazing day!