Season 4 Episode 10: Tomorrow 4 o'clock

Tomorrow 4oclock – G

Anne and Marilla walked around town before picking up any letters from the post. Anne was surprised to see a telegram had just come in that morning from Gilbert. Reading the line, she smiled. What beautiful words she thought tucking it into her pocket. She knew Gilbert would have gotten her a Christmas gift, so she also wanted to get him something.

"You look very happy Anne" Marilla smiled wrapping her shawl around her shoulders and putting the shopping into the cart with the help of Jerry.

"I am actually, Gilbert will here tomorrow" Anne smiled before helping Jerry tie everything down. Anne climbed into the back and sat on the new bench Mathew had installed. They were now too many and too big to squish three or four of them on the single bench. Jerry brought the horse to a gentle walk and started singing in French that Anne joined in with him. She had asked Jerry to teach it to her, and she was happy that his eyes lit up when she said it. Since Anne had been home she felt wrong kicking Jerry out of his room, so set up a bed in the corner of Marilla's room. It was nice having another kid in the house.

"So what is the plan for Christmas?" Anne asked

"Well the Beyards caught two turkeys and wanted to give us one for our Christmas dinner, so Mathew and I thought that we should do a Christmas dinner for us all, and invite Bash, Delphine, Elijah, Gilbert and Mrs Lacroix. It has become a rather big affair, unfortunately," Marilla mutters shaking her head.

"It sounds lovely, now that I am here I am happy to help and I am sure Mrs Lacroix will make something scrumptious" Anne dreamed. "But might I take the cart to fetch Gilbert tomorrow afternoon, I am sure he can drive it back, but I just don't want him to walk after everything," Anne asked, well rambled.

"Well I guess that's fine, we will make do without it" Marilla confirmed. She herself was happy to see the boy, after his tragic sickness and all that Anne had described to them, it was the least she could do to help. The house was quiet with Mathew sitting beside the kitchen after his sickness and old health Marilla had convinced him to take it easy and let Jerry do most of the hard work.

"Hello Mathew, you are missing the most magical of days" Anne waltzed in happily. Setting the things on the table.

"Hello Anne" Mathew smiled before continuing to clean his pipe. And like that the day continued as usual, with baking bread, cleaning the house and collecting the eggs. After everything that had happened recently, it was nice to get back into old routines, Anne found herself actually enjoying the chores that she detested as a child.

Soon she found herself standing at the train station waiting for Gilbert, Anne's stomach was full of butterflies as she patiently waited for the train. Well, she tried to wait patiently for the train. Anne bounced on her toes and watched the other passengers start to collect. The low hum of the engine could be heard, and she tried her best to compose herself from squealing of happiness.

Slowly the train arrived, and people started to pour out, and there he was. Standing there looking around the station was Gilbert; Anne hurried towards him and quickly wrapped her hands around his neck. "Oh, hello there" he laughed dropping his suitcase to bring her closer.

"You look so much better Gilbert; I was so worried" Anne mumbled into his shoulder. Pulling away, Anne felt the unusual urged to kiss the man, so bringing herself onto her toes she pulled his head down to give him a soft kiss. Anne remembered thinking that his lips tasted like maple syrup and couldn't stop smiling as she pulled away "let's get you home" Anne smiled taking his hand and leading him towards the carriage. Gilbert barely managed to remember to pick up his luggage.

Anne handed Gilbert the rains and lay the blanket across their laps, he wasn't about to get sick again. Gilbert held the reins and held Anne's hand in the other. "I missed you" he whispered pressing a kiss on her freckled nose and got the horse moving again. Everything looked so much different and yet very much the same, that Gilbert couldn't put his finger on it. The air smelt sweeter, and the snow looked whiter. "How are you?" he asked as they trotted down the road.

"I am good" Anne was too content to put into words.

"Just good? Not wonderful or exceptional?" Gilbert asked back

"Especially wonderful and exceptional. It is a superbly captivating morning, where the cold feels like little mice nibbling on your nose. And the air feels clean, the trees so powerful" Anne rambled leaning her head on his shoulder. "Don't you think?" she asked.

Still, he was captivated by her ways with words "exactly" he smiled happily to have Anne with him again. As they rode towards gilberts house, Bash and Dellie were there waiting for them already. Pulling to a stop Gilbert lept off and gave them each a long hug. The reunion was going well, Anne thought until Sebastian slapped the back of Gilbert's head and started lecturing him. Anne laughed to herself and hopped off to take the suitcase and place it on the porch.

"Sorry to cut your reunion short but I promised Marilla that I would be back for dinner" Anne interjected with a sad smile. Gilbert broke away from his reunion and smiled back softly. Walking towards Anne he gave her a hand up and kissed the back of her hand.

"I am coming to get you Anne" he smiled reaching over her lap to pull the blanket over her lap. "I cannot wait for the day that we are done with saying goodbyes" he smiled stepping back.

"I doubt it, knowing you. But I will hold you to it, Blythe. Goodbye," she smiled before waving to Bash and Dellie and riding back home. Anne was able to get home before dark and with the help of Jerry unsaddled the horse.

"It must be nice to have found your person" Jerry mumbled leading the horse in its stable.

"I would hardly call Gilbert Blythe my person, but I am sure you will find someone too" she added waititng for him.

"Well how did you know? It all happened so quickly" Jerry asked, remembering that he had had to court Diana Berry for the longest of time before even considering asking her anything intimate. And even that didn't work.

"Well, I think that when you find your person, you just know. Because you cant stop thinking about them, and not just how beautiful or handsomely charming they are, but because of their soul. Something just tells you that you are meant to be. And you feel scared and they feel scared – so you are just scared together" Anne rambled. Jerry didn't understand her, but it kind of made sense to him. "have you met anyone Jerry?" she asked.

He shook his head sadly "Well you have no rush. Don't worry that you have not found someone yet. I think any lady will be happy to be your person" Anne linked her arm around his and they strode into the house, cleaned their shoes and detangled themselves from the many layers they wore. 

Thank you for reading, please support me by liking this chapter! Hope you have an amazing day!