( 6. ) Darin

OC BY HELPFANDOM▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔NOTESSept 27, 2021: Fixed this part a bit

OC BY HELPFANDOM
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
NOTES
Sept 27, 2021: Fixed this part a bit.

WARNINGS
None.

Warnings have been chosen by me and the owner of this oc.
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐌/𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄: Original universe-ish? It takes place in heaven so not that original but still.
Most of the time I'd ask for more details, but many are familiar with what Heaven is, so there's not much to add unless you change something. And even if you don't want to change anything, you can still make an outstanding character. Heaven is kind of like it's own fandom.

𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄: Darin
Like the name! It's not too long and it's catchy!

Does Darin have a surname though? It's fine if not, but in that case it would be good to explain why. If in this universe surnames don't exist, then you can add that.

It would also be a good idea to state any nicknames Darin has. If he doesn't have any, or has too many to list, you can still add that.

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐒: He/They
Don't see a lot of characters with mixed pronouns, so yay, originality!

𝐒𝐄𝐗𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘: Pansexual

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐒: Shapeshifter angel (Normal for them).
With just the name, we already know a bit about Shapeshifter Angels. They're angels that shapeshift, right? If not, then please state that, since this will be misleading to others. 

Providing a brief description of what shapeshifter angels are is also useful. You can include their powers, jobs they do, unique details to their appearance (like wings or certain clothing this species tend to wear), where they live, etc. You don't have to add everything I mentioned, only parts that you think are important for people to learn more about shapeshifter angels.

A description like "shapeshifter angels are angels that can [insert any powers they have]. They live in [insert places you can find them in]. They have [insert natural features shapeshifter angels have, like wings, eye colors, etc]. Shapeshifter angels usually do jobs like [insert jobs they usually do]." works fine with me. Edit it to fit shapeshifter angels better.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘: Actually kinda flip-floppy. He has a happy personality when he's doing their job for kids, but when Darin's with his partner they're a bit snappier and harder to manage. Dealing with kids is hard.

Darin's personality is lacking details. We have a general outline, but more details are needed to make Darin more fleshed out and realistic. Is he friendly and fun? Lazy yet smart? Intimating and cold? Mysterious but polite? Adventurous and curious? Does Darin get angry easily, or are they calm and collected? Choose any traits that describe Darin's personality. Make sure that they makes sense though. (Example: people can't be calm and have a short temper at the same time. However, people can be calm and rude at the same time).

While we're at it, how does Darin deal with his strong emotions (like anger and sadness)? Do they keep it to themselves, or is he quick to let them all out? Is it easy for them to make friends? How do others view him?

These should dive into Darin's personality more, making them a better character. If you want to go more in depth, feel free to use the internet or ask me (don't worry, I have plenty of questions relating to personality). You can also find more traits online, or, again, feel free to ask me for some (and yes, I have plenty of character traits).

𝐀𝐆𝐄: 4,457.
Makes sense.

𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒: So a little bit about his powers. Darin can make himself shapeshift into what the kiddo wants. They deal with children and helping them learn that they um died. So his appearance his actually just what he looks like for Amiri (Other oc).

There's nothing wrong with Darin's powers, and it has a nice twist to it. Most of the time shapeshifter characters can control what they become, but in Darin's case, they'll transform into what the child wants them to be.

We also got a peek on what Darin's job is, and I don't see many characters having a job where they interact with children. It also doesn't seem like babysitting (which is an uncommon job), and Darin's job fits with where he lives. Good work!

𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄: (What he looks like at the time of story) Bald, Dark but a bit more tanner,  Their clothing is a pink, yellow, blue, hoodie, a black shirt, Blue pants, black nail polish, and round glasses.
A bald character!? I have never seen one before so 11/10 on originality! 

Though this description does give me an idea on how Darin looks like, it would be best to be more specific, so here's some ideas for more things you can describe about Darin's appearance:

- What kind of patterns are on Darin's clothes? Are there spots on his hoodie? Are there stripes on their pants? Is there colorful blobs on his shirt? Or else maybe his clothes are just plain colors, with no patterns, but still state that.

- Other designs on clothing. Describe any pictures, words, logos, etc on Darin's clothing. 

- What kind of pants is Darin wearing? Jeans? Sweat pants? Cargo pants?

- Eye color?

- Height? Is Darin short, tall, or average height?

- What is Darin's posture like? Slumped? Tall? Confident? 

- What is Darin's usual expression like? Does he look happy? Tired? Intimidating?

- What kind of shoes is Darin wearing? Sneakers? Boots? Maybe he doesn't have shoes, so make sure to state that too.

- Darin's gender nor sex hasn't been stated, so do they look more like a boy or more like a girl? Or maybe Darin appears androgynous? Please make sure to state this because it's very important.

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐀
- refuses to curse/ say a curse word. He will absolutely say oh dear, and maybe crap on a bad day.

- Darin loves pink roses and what they stand for.

- Darin hates seeing kids, not because of what they are, but because it means they were hurting when they died.

- His favorite animal is an otter.

FINAL STATEMENT: Because of the lack of details, there's not much I can say, but Darin seems like a good character. He isn't overpowered, and with more details they can stand out very well (which is good).

Though I have nothing against simple templates, as mentioned before, there's still a lot of details lacking about Darin. What about his likes, dislikes, and hobbies? What about their relationships (friends, enemies, lovers, family, bosses, etc)? What is Darin's backstory like?

Those are more of the major things you can include, but feel free to add smaller details: pet peeves, birthday, habits, health (both physical and mental), diet, etc. 

Darin also has potential to have a good book written about them. The plot could be that Darin and Amiri bond together through the book, but it's hard to tell in which way. Would they go on adventures together? Would Amiri dislike Darin at first, but they bond together by the end? Anyway, Darin and Amiri have potential to be the main characters of a wholesome book, but feel free to play around with the wholesomeness. Maybe an angsty book would suit better, it's hard to tell with the lack of details.