( 16. ) Nami

𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐂

𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐂

Name: Nami Hanakami
What a unique name! I've never heard anything like it before!
Kanji/Meaning: 花 (Hana, flower) 上 (Kami/Shita, above), 波 (Ha/Nami, wave)
Age: 14 (Pre-Shippuden), 15 (Chuunin Exams), 17 (Shippuden), 18 (Pein Arc), 19 (War Arc), The Last (21), Boruto (36)
Species: Human
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Demiromantic Bisexual
Birthday: October 4th

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

Personality: When Nami was a little girl, she was a very happy girl- outgoing, loud, rambunctious, and with very few worries. While her outgoing, loud nature stayed throughout her life, the decimation of her clan caused her to become angry and resentful. She became uncaring about anyone besides innocent civilians- even when she was accepted into the Leaf Village, she shut herself off from a lot of people. Because of the way she was, and being mostly raised by Zabuza, she ended up becoming one of the most trained assassins in the Leaf. In Shippuden, she was given an offer to join Anbu- but she refused. There were very few people she trusted, and the village elders certainly weren't one of them. While she's usually closed off, when she does trust people she becomes very protective. Nami is extremely hot-tempered, and doesn't take shit from anyone- especially when they're being stupid.

Nami's morality is a touchy subject for a lot of people. On one hand, she was raised by an assassin to kill anyone she was told to or wronged her- but its the same way for a lot of ninjas. She doesn't kill people who don't deserve it. While everyone idolizes the Kage's of their villages, she acknowledges and knows that there is a lot of corruption- not only with them, but also with village elders.
Everything is good here! Many people in their younger years tend to be rather happy and carefree, and as they mature, take on a more flawed and serious attitude. This is especially true for those who grew up in traumatizing environments, such as the Naruto universe.

Though Nami did take on a more insensitive and reserved nature, as expected for someone with her past, she still remained loud and outgoing. It's nice seeing a character not completely changed by their past, and because Nami isn't the type to give two fucks, it's also realistic why her personality still held plenty of the same traits. However, if Nami does get close to someone, it isn't a surprise she becomes protective over them. Despite being an overall insensitive person, many who experienced traumatizing events take on a more protective nature over their loved ones, afraid of losing more people.

Overall, very well done! Nami's personality is well balanced, having both advantages and disadvantages, while staying realistic for someone with her past.

Like(s): Spicy food, Ramen, Napping, Pranks, kicking ass, sealing, flowers, cats, strong people, rainy days, green, red, pink

Dislike(s): Idiots, Orochimaru, Winter, yellow, purple, sweets, Uchihas

Fear(s): Puppets, Dolls, Tight Spaces
Nice mixture of fears! It isn't a surprise that Nami doesn't have a lot, but because puppets can be used as weapons in the Naruto universe and tight spaces are also present in various occasions, Nami is guaranteed to face some challenges. It'll be fun seeing how someone like her deals with them and how they'll effect Nami's character development.

Strength(s): Mental Fortitude, Endurance, Dōjutsu

Weakness(es): Mind games, temper
Matches with Nami's personality! Though Nami is a rather careless person, when done correctly, Nami is prone to be easily manipulated because of her anger.

It'll also be interesting seeing how Nami will react when someone fucks with her mind. Alongside her mental fortitude and physical strengths, Nami could end up doing some seriously regretful things, which could really spice up a story.

"Protecting those I love is important above all else. So I'll do anything to protect them- no matter what."
Nice quote! I like it!