XV

Today was the day of Keon and I's gender reveal. Within the last month, everyone had been busy. So exactly thirty days after receiving the envelope, our big day was here.

I had kept it simple by doing a low slick-back braided ponytail with nothing but eyebrows, lashes, and lipgloss on my face that accentuated my features. I wore a fitted canary yellow dress that stopped just above my lower thigh with no jewelry and simple black Tory Burch sandals. Keon, matched with me, wore a black and canary yellow collar shirt, black Amiri jeans, Jordan 4 Lightning, and a Tory Burch bucket hat.

I admired him and how clean he had got. The tape of his fresh haircut peeked from under his hat and his tattoos made my hormones go crazy.

He smiled, showcasing his two deep dimples and leaned down to plant two kisses on my lips. I leaned back and looked at him with hungry eyes. "You look so good, I could eat you right now."

He laughed and squeezed my inner thigh, his thumb resting on my vagina. "You better stop before you start something you can't finish."

Before I was able to respond, our room door burst open and in ran Kiari, happy and dressed in yellow. Tiana followed behind her, dressed in yellow as well, with a "Keeper of the Gender" sash on.

"Okay, it's about time for y'all to be heading out with us. The venue is only giving us a couple of hours and we are all done setting up so let's go!"

Tiana snapped her fingers and looked at us crazy, probably wondering why we weren't moving yet. Truthfully, it was very hard to take her serious but I knew how she could get when she got into planning an event.

"Girl, bye. I still got to put some more of my jewelry on," Keon blurted out.

Tiana rolled her eyes and waved Keon away, "Bye! I need to talk to my best friend anyway."

Keon snickered and walked away to the bathroom where he kept his jewelry safely stashed. Tiana turned to me and rushed to give me a hug. "I feel like I haven't saw you in forever!"

I couldn't do anything but hug her back, tightly. I had missed her. These past four weeks, through the group chat, Tiana and Javi had worked with me to plan the gender reveal. But in four whole weeks we hadn't saw eachother.

"I missed you too, bitch! You been missing!"

Tiana sucked her teeth and pushed my shoulder, "Girl, hush. We got to catch up and talk. You already know shit has been wild with me."

I couldn't help but to be so sad about my best friend's situation. I couldn't believe that stupid motherfucker Kevin had took her kids away! "I want you to let me tell Keon about it."

Tiana immediately shook her head. "No. I can't let you do that. It's too much shit going on as it is right now and us telling him that is going to make everything worse."

I understood what she was saying, but truthfully I wasn't trying to hear the shit. I wanted Kevin to pay for his actions. I decided to drop the situation and for a few minutes, we talked about small stuff.

"Hey, did you ever tell Keon about seeing Lucas at the doctor's office?"

As soon as she said it, I tried to stop her but she talked way too loud and way too fast. Keon appeared in the doorway with an angry look on his face. His eyes were no longer the deep welcoming brown but a cold black.