IX

*Keon's POV*

Once I was sure Jeannie was asleep I got dressed in all black. As I slipped on the gloves, memories of me and Shooter played in my mind.
(Flashback)
I sat on my stoop, hot as hell. I don't know what the fuck Harlem had going on but it was hot as a mufucka. I was the tender age of twelve and my father had sent me outside to play. He said my head was going to burst staying cooped up in our brownstone so long.

So for the time being, I sat on my stoop throwing my baseball up in the air and catching it as it fell back down again. I stopped once I heard footsteps approach. Marques, my bestest friend.

I stood up and dapped my boy up, happy to see dude cause I was bored out of my mind. But not on no gay shit tho.

"Wassup Marq? A nigga was bored as fuck without no company here."

Instead of replying with words, he nodded his head.

I spoke up again, "Damn, my nigga. What's on ya mind?"

He smacked his teeth and shook his head side to side, while swinging his arms back and forth. "Man my fucking moms tripping. Her punk ass excuse of a boyfriend told her a lie that I stole outta the Bodega on 1st Avenue. Motherfucker lying."

I shook my head. Marq's mom was always tripping bout dumb shit but I knew my nigga, he ain't have to steal out no fucking bodega. "So what she do?"

"Started saying all this bullshit about how I need to leave and don't take none of the shit she bought with me. She tripping mad hard on a nigga. Now I prolly gotta sleep on the fucking sidewalk."

I raised my head, quickly. "Nigga you know you welcome here! Moms don't mind at all. I'll go ask her right now."

I already knew what the answer to my question was going to be because my moms had a heart of gold. I was back in no time telling him what my mom said and Marq trailed behind me with a huge smile on his face. My brother wasn't gonna be sleeping on any street ever if I had anything to do with it.
()
The vague memory brought a smile to my face. That's what I didn't understand about the situation. I would've given Shooter whatever he asked for right off top just because he was a brother to me. He was my brother and I would never leave him out to dry.

As I slipped into my all black; blue interior 2018 Mercedes-Benz Maybach, the thoughts still rattled my brain. What did Shooter want from me? Did he want food off my plate? The money? The cars? The club? What was it so special that had my own brother about to cross me?

I whipped my car into the parking space beside Shooter's 2019 Lexus Coupe. I turned the car off and grabbed my glock because I knew Shooter and he lived up to his name. He was a shooter for sure and he wouldn't hesitate to blow especially at somebody pulling up to his crib this late.

I wasn't scared of shit so I walked right up to his door and knocked twice loudly, overlooking the doorbell. I rubbed my hands together, since Colorado was starting to get a little chilly since it was entering the month of October.

A few seconds later, Shooter snatched the door open. "Damn, why you here so late? Who died?"

Shooter had a comedic aura around him but I wasn't in the mood to joke around with this nigga. I needed answers and I needed them now before I started spazzing. He let me in and went to the back, I guess to put a better shirt on. I didn't give a fuck at this point and he better be glad I was the new me instead of the old me because if I had any indication of snake shit going on in the past we would've been in a shootout right now. Shooter was my brother and I at least had to get some answers before I did something I would regret later.