VII

*Lucas POV*
I winced in pain as the nurse wrapped the bandages around me. Being in jail been hell. I wasn't no jail typa nigga and I knew that now.

"There, all better."

The female nurse looked over at me and she reminded me of my grandma. My eyes started to water up as I realized that I probably wouldn't see my grandma for a while. I sighed and hopped down off the makeshift hospital bed. I honestly didn't want to go back to general population but I didn't have any serious injuries so I had to go back.

"Thank you, ma'am. Hopefully I get some relief."

She nodded her head with a sympathetic look in her eyes. "I wish y'all boys would take better care of yourselves."

I waited for the officer to come back in to cuff me as I thought about the past few months spent inside of this hell hole. Niggas targeted me because they learned I was affiliated with the GD's and the way I was getting my ass beat daily I wish I wasn't. I had to save face though and even though I wasn't a "hood" nigga, I better get used to acting like one. The officer squeezed the cuffs too tight on me as always. He walked me down the corridor shuffling me along.

"I get my phone call today?"

He eyed me and pushed me into the room where the cellphones were. I sighed and shook my head as I punched in the familiar numbers with the New York area code. The line rang for a second but the phone was soon answered.

"Yo, didn't I tell you not to call my fucking cell? You never know what's going on. What if my baby father was here?"

I rolled my eyes at this simple bitch. "I call wherever the fuck I want. Did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Oh now you wanna play dumb? Aight bet. Lemme just hit ya baby father up and tell him about your plotting, sneaky ass ways."

"Look, whatever your little ex did to my baby father got his fucking nose wide open. You need to get the fuck outta there. I was sure after you fucked her the first time Keon would've dropped her but he has a soft spot for the bitch. All you have to do is fuck her again and he's done."

"Nah, fuck that! That shit ain't work I'm not listening to you. Maybe we need to start listening to the other nigga."

The line became quiet for a while and she sighed. "I'll see what I can do but you need to be on your way home, now!"

And with that she hung the phone up. I couldn't believe I had let Jeannie's nigga's baby mama get me into her delusional bullshit. Shorty was really crazy but for me it wasn't even about that. It wasn't like I was begging for Jeannie back but I didn't like seeing another nigga in the place I wanted to be especially when the nigga just moved to Colorado.

"Inmate! Get the fuck off the phone! Time's up now!"

I looked over at the CO with his eyes bulging out of his head. Yeah, Lea was right. It was time for me to get the fuck outta here.
<>