III

That night at work was super agonizing. I didn't have Cinnamon there to talk to and to help cope with how Keon was acting. On regular nights, he would sneak glances at me. Tonight it's like he's made it his business to not look at me.

When I saw that it was 3:00, I was elated. I didn't want to be in this club anymore. I just wanted to go home and cry my eyes out.

As I walked to my car I felt like someone was watching me. A familiar presence. I thought nothing of it. Until I heard shots ring out and glass flying everywhere.

"Babygirl!"
~~

"I don't give a FUCK. Nigga, I don't fucking know you! Get the fuck out. You probably had something to do with it. Period."

I woke up, alarmed I was in the hospital. Keon rushed to my side.

"Hey, you ok?", he asked while rubbing my forehead.

"Um, Annie. Tell me who the fuck this nigga is?", my sister Javi pointed her nailed finger at Keon.

"What are you doing here, Javi?"

"What do you mean what am I doing here? All I hear is there's a shooting in the club you work in so I drove my ass from Kansas to here to make sure you were still alive. Duh, bitch. Now tell me who the FUCK this is right now."

I rolled my eyes and looked up at Keon.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"Babygirl, I really don't know. I heard shots ring out. I saw you fall. I was afraid you'd been shot, so I ran behind the car. They screamed out something about GD so it's the same gang your ex was in I'm guessing. My people from Harlem is on the way right now."

"Oh hell naw! Lucas? In a gang?", my sister stated starting to crack up.

I looked over at Keon as he started to smirk too. "Keon, continue please."

"That's all I know babygirl. As soon as I figured out I couldn't chase the car I ran back to you and got you to safety as fast I could. Right now, I really have to go. Shit is getting serious. There's somebody out to get us or me.", he explained.

After he made sure I was good, had the nurses move me to a private room and fed me he left to go handle business down at Trapped. I looked at my sister on the couch as she paid close attention to me.

"So what's tea? Who is this nigga? I still feel like had something to do wit this shit

"So what's tea? Who is this nigga? I still feel like had something to do wit this shit.", she said while talking with her hands.