The scorch

You had all been thrown back into the previous room. They explained that things called Flat Trans where going to appear sending you to phase two. Anyone who didn't go would be killed. Also you had to walk 100 miles through something called the scorch to a safe haven. They told you about the flare too.
After eating your fill Minho called everyone's attention.
"Ok we should pack the remaining food in sheets, we don't know what's going to be out there"
"When did you take the leader position?" He showed you a tattoo on his neck that read 'the leader'
"Interesting. Do all of you have these?" You asked and they nodded
You looked at Newts and it said 'the glue'
"That's pretty accurate" you laughed and he playfully punched your shoulder.
Thomas was standing on the other side of the room, obviously in deep thought.
"What's wrong?" You asked and he shrugged "just wondering what's out there"
"I know how you feel, they wouldn't let me out once" you told him.
"What's your tattoo say?" You asked and he mumbled
"To be killed by group B"
"That doesn't sound very good"
Suddenly there was a 'pop' and Kaila appeared out of thin air, like the rat man had, falling to the floor
"Kaila what are you doing?!" You helped her off the floor.
"I'm coming with you. I don't believe in what these people are doing" you noticed she had a bad black eye
"Oh god what happened"
"Well... You know Jeffry?" She said nervously
"Yah, the jerk that always calls am a bitch"
"Well I may have kicked him in the crotch in order to get out, but not before he hit me" she explained
"Your one brave shank coming with us" Minho said
"Thanks"
Newt walked over and put his arm out "Newt"
She shook his hand "Kaila."
"Nice to meet ya love" you saw a noticeable blush on your friends face and laughed
"Ok so the Flat Trans are supposed to be here any minuet" Minho said looking at his watch
A shimmering gray wall like thing appeared seconds after he spoke.
"See you shanks on the other side" you grabbed his hand and you both walked through. It was a weird sensation, like being underwater but you where dry.
When you made it to the other side you both waited for the others.
Thomas was the last one through and you counted off.
"Ok where all here, let's move" Minho lead you all forward down a dark hallway
'Turn back'
A whisper in the hallway sent chills up your spine.
'Your all going to die'
The others started talking but you didn't hear them
'You'll get sliced'
Minho tripped and fell, jumping up he said
"There's a staircase here" you laughed and he glared at you.
You kissed his cheek as you made your way up the staircase.
There was a banging noise and the quiet was broken by screams.
Thomas went back down the stairs, following whatever fell down the stairs.
He picked up what seemed like a metal ball. You went down the stairs after him, looking down at the boy who fell and you realized. His head was gone.

Someone else started falling down the stairs, screaming just as loudly. You realized who this was
"Winston!" You screamed chasing down the stairs after him. There was a some sort of melted metal on his face
"Oh my god" you whispered and Thomas came running down after you with a sheet wrapped around his hands
"Hold him down (y/n)!" You held his legs as Thomas tried pulling the stuff off him
"It's ok Winston, your going to be fine" you conferred him while he and Thomas pushed and pulled the goop off him.
It was done. But Winston's face was badly burned.
"Are you ok?" You asked. It was a stupid question you knew but you asked it anyway. He just groaned and two boys came down and helped him up the stairs.
You walked back up the stairs and grabbed Minhos hand and squeezed it. He squeezed back and you found a trap door on the celling and opened it. The light blinded you and a wave of heat hit you.
You all stepped out and the heat was blistering
"We should move all the supply's to one sheet, and use the rest for protection." You suggested and two people shared a sheet. You and Minho shared one and so did Kaila and Newt.
"Is that city where we need to go?" You asked pointing
"No thats not 100 miles, it's more like 30" he replied
"I'm glad you can tell distance by just looking at it" Newt said
"When your a runner for so long you learn these things" he snapped back and you and Kaila rolled your eyes.
After hours of walking you finally stopped for the night. The sun finally set and the temperature dropped dramatically.
Sitting next to Kaila you suddenly noticed something. She was staring at Newt who was talking to Thomas.
"So you and Newt seemed to hit it off" you smiled at her and she blushed
"Not like that!"
"You know that's the same thing I said about Minho" you told her and she blushed harder
You just laughed and Minho came over and say next to you.
"What you laughing bout" he whispered in your ear wrapping his arms around you
"I think Kaila here has a crush on Newt" you whispered back and he chuckled
"You two are cute" Kaila said and it was your turn to blush as Minho laughed again.
You fell asleep in Minhos arms and you didn't realize how much you missed him holding you.
You looked around to see everyone asleep. Kaila and Newt where sleeping like they fell asleep talking.
You smiled as you drifted asleep, snuggling deeper into your boyfriends chest.