Chapter 15: Midnight Chats

Y/n didn't just take a nap but ended up sleeping until it was dark outside. By this point, most have gone to sleep except Midoriya.

Y/n had got up from her bed slightly confused as to how to she got there. She went out into the kitchen with a blanket wrapped around herself to get a cup of water. What she wasn't expecting was to see Midoriya hunched over at the table glaring at his notebook like it insulted All Might.

"Hey Deku," Y/n comes from behind him and pats him on the shoulder causing him to jump and his reflexes to kick in. He quickly turns around and grasps her hand, making her even more surprised. But once he notices it's her, he lets go immediately. 

"S-sorry Y/n." He says sheepishly while looking down. "No problem, it was kind of my fault for sneaking up on you anyway." She shrugs it off and she walks over to get her water. "Why are you up though, and how did I get into my bed?" 

"Oh, I just couldn't sleep and Kirishima brought you in, you fell asleep on the couch." He responds to her and looks back down at his notebook. She nods and then goes to sit next to him and tries to look at what's in the notebook. 

At first, he was going to try and close it so she couldn't see, but then he remembered she knows about One For All and All Might. "So you are having dreams about All For One and One For All?" She asks casually like it isn't the most important thing in the world. "Y-yeah, how did you..." It would have been happening around this point anyways, you are remembering the others right?" Midoriya just nods. 

"I'm just worried about the others at home, especially All Might, I really hope he is okay." Midoriya looked down worriedly and starting fidgeting with his fingers. Y/n hesitated, she wanted to tell him about what happened after that night but she is also worried about possibly ruining their timeline. Although, there isn't anything they can do to change the outcome, so it probably wouldn't be a big deal. 

"Can I tell you something and you promise not to tell the others?" Midoriyas head whips up at her question and nods hesitantly. She takes a deep breath and tells him the not-so-great news. "All Might won the fight with All for One." Midoriya lets out a breath of relief and she continues. 

"But, during the fight, his real form is exposed... and he has to retire. After the battle, he points to the camera and says, 'It's your turn.'"

Y/n had expected Midoriya to start muttering, asking more questions, or even crying as he did in the anime, but instead, he remained silent. He just sat there with a straight face. She didn't want to ruin whatever character development he was going through internally so she just sat there with her blanket wrapped around her and sipped her water like she wasn't just staring at Deku waiting for him to respond. 

Eventually, he did snap out of it and did end up bursting into tears. Y/n didn't even know what to do at that moment. There was nothing she could think to say to comfort him or help him so all she did was hug him close to her chest and wrap the blanket around them both. Midoriya didn't freak out at her action and instead moved closer to her and hugged her back. 

They stayed like that for a while, and eventually, Midoriya let her go and Y/n leaned back in her chair. 

"S-sorry about that." He said as he looked away from her and hunched into himself. Y/n simply smiled back and gave him another hug. "You never have to apologize for your feelings Izuku. That's part of what makes you so special." Midoriya hugged her back and smiled as well. 

"You know, you shouldn't worry so much. I know there is a lot of pressure put on you and you feel like you have to be perfect especially since you are All Might's successor, but that's not what will make an amazing hero. Sure having a strong quirk and catching villains is important, but the amount that you care for every person you meet is what will make you the next symbol of peace. That's why All Might gave you his quirk." 

They both gave one last squeeze split apart once again and now Y/n was the awkward one. "So, any other stuff you want to talk about?" Midoriya put his finger to his chin and thought for a moment before shaking his head no. 

"Alright, well I'm going to try and go back to sleep. I don't want a repeat of what happened today." Y/n stood up to leave when Midoriya called out in a whisper. 

"Thank you." He gave a smile. A real genuine smile that was so pure and caring. You could see just with that smile why All Might chose him to be his successor. He really and wholeheartedly cared for everyone he came into contact with. His smile was the first time Y/n truly understood why people referred to others as bright and like the sun.

"Of course... future number one. Good night."

Y/n completely turned and with water in one hand and her other clasping her blanket shut, She walked back into her room and closed the door. Once Midoriya heard the door close he turned back to his new notebook and opened a blank page. At the top, he wrote, 'Y/N L/N'. She may not be a hero by the standards of his world; But in his mind, she was just as powerful as the likes of All Might. 

-----------

As Midoriya was scribbling away, Momo was behind the wall to the other room. She, like Y/n, had come out to get a glass of water. What she didn't expect however was to be leaning against the wall trying to make her tears as silent as possible. 

She truly hadn't meant to listen in on their conversation but she couldn't help her curiosity. And now she had to struggle with the fact of knowing the truth behind All Might and Midoriya. She did always think it was weird how little control Midoriya had over his quirk, how he got it so late, and why Bakugo was so angry at him for 'hiding a quirk'. But she truly did believe he was just a late bloomer, that he was just a special case. 

With this knew the information she didn't know what to do with herself. She couldn't tell the others, it seemed very apparent by their conversation that this wasn't supposed to be known by anyone else. She didn't want to approach Midoriya right now either. That was just too much for her to handle and they weren't even that close in the first place. The only reasonable action she could come up with was to wait until morning and discuss it with Y/n. 

Y/n was the only girl-friend she had here, and honestly the one she felt most close with. If she was going to have this conversation with anyone it should be her. As well as the fact that she could probably explain everything without having a breakdown and stuttering over every word.

And so she went back to her assigned room. She crawled into bed and cocooned herself up and tried to forget the bomb that was just accidentally dropped. 

So...I'm alive🎉🎉

Sorry for leaving everyone hanging for so long I just got busy and couldn't really think of what to write. So thanks to my friend for helping me come up with an idea.

I'm not going to promise an updated schedule because I can't commit to that, so I'll just upload when I feel like I actually have something good. I don't intend on dropping this story but I also don't know how to continue.

I just want to thank everyone for all the really sweet comments and I really appreciate all of you. Like and comment if you like and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day😘

Word Count: 1253

Date Published: 10/13/21