Chapter 6 (Going Places)

It was past lunch time going late into the afternoon. Rem, Ram, and Subaru were all sitting in the living room. Both Ram and Subaru watched Rem play video games.

Subaru thought it was so adorable and funny to see Rem concentrate so hard on a game he always found boring and uninteresting. Rem wasn't doing too well in the game she was playing, she was losing to the easiest of enemies, and getting stuck on the simplest of tasks.

In order to make any kind of progress, she would always have to ask Subaru who would explain what she had to do in her game, or what function each button had on the controller.

Despite the fact she made little progress and had a hard time succeeding in the game she was playing. Rem still found it to be very fun, but Subaru was growing agitated and wanted to rip his hair out seeing Rem make so many obvious mistakes.

Ram on the other hand was watching Rem play with glitter in her eyes. Ram thought it was impossible to even possess this type of revolutionary technology.

Subaru noticed Ram was taking interest in the game Rem was playing and a giant idea formed in his mind.

"Hey Rem and Ram. Do you guys wanna play a game together?" Subaru asked. Rem and Ram turned away from the screen to look at Subaru.

"How do we even play a game together Barusu?" Ram asked.

Subaru responded by getting up and going over to the shelf that held all the video games.

He looked for a multiplayer teamwork type of game that Rem and Ram could play together. He eventually landed on a cooperative puzzle type of game.

It was the perfect game for Rem and Ram; they would most likely find much enjoyment from the teamwork requirements in order to beat it. Subaru grabbed it from the shelf and walked over to Rem.

"Rem save your game, you and Ram are going to be playing a different type of game together" Subaru said.

"Ok Subaru, but how do I save the game?" Rem asked.

"Give me the controller, I can do it for you"

Rem handed him the controller and Subaru saved Rems' game. He walked over to the console and ejected the disk of the very odd choice of game Rem was playing.

Putting the disc into the console, the game loaded up shortly after. Grabbing the second controller on the coffee stand, Subaru walked back over to Rem and Ram preparing to debrief them on their objective.

"Alright so this game is meant to be played by two people. The primary goal of this game is to complete these puzzle levels that require the skills of teamwork and cooperation, so I already know you guys should be naturally good at it" Subaru said.

Before handing the controllers off he started the game up on split screen then passed Rem and Ram their controllers. He then returned to the couch to watch the show.

"Before you guys begin, the left half of the screen is Rems character, and on the right side is Rams character" Subaru said.

With Subarus pregame explanations over with. Rem and Ram began trying to solve the introductory course. Both of them were struggling to control the characters, it got so bad it was actually starting to make Subaru mildly frustrated seeing them struggle to move their characters in a different direction.

He didn't understand what was so hard about the controls that made them struggle for so long. But he then realized that they are lettlerly from a different world, and have been living in the stone age for the entirety of their lives.