Chapter 17 (My True Friend)

Ram was at her desk working on the seemingly endless amount of paperwork she had been assigned. She sat down at her small desk for hours on end each day, filling them all out one by one. As she worked the small pile of papers turned into mountains of completed papers spread all over the room.

Reinhard was pretty impressed. With Felt she flat out refused to do more than one each day. He really couldn't blame her though. Most of the paperwork royal candidates had to fill out were very confusing and not something an ordinary fifteen year old could understand.

Royal candidates had to fill out forms on stuff like their economic policies, taxation, rights and freedoms of individuals, forgin policies, and immagration policies to name a few. More paperwork would be assigned whenever a significant political issue came up. Candidates had to write a letter on their stance on the issue, and what would be their resolutions. .

Reinhard tried his best to help Felt where he could. He would often facepalm at some of Felts policies she came up with. All of them only appealed to extremists living in the slums, she was generally disliked by the higher ups and the rest of the population. Her chances of winning were slim at best. Knowing this Felt just withdrew, thinking the election was just a waste of time, and to her credit, she was right in her own regard.

Ram though seemed to be a better candidate in Felts place. Her approval rating was up and seemed to be quite popular with the average citizen. For mainly two reasons. Number one being she was running as an extreme moderate, not really being biased to any side or political issue. Number two being backed by Reinhard who was seen as the most powerful knight the world has ever seen. His title gave Ram a significant boost in the polls, but she still faced fierce opposition.

One night Reinhard went to inform Ram on her current ratings in the polls. He walked up to the door and knocked on it lightly.

"Miss Ram, may I come in?"

"Of course," Ram responded on the other side.

WIth permission granted Reinhard opened the door to see the massive piles of papers Ram had created over the evening. Despite her trying her best to organize things neatly, Ram's work area was still littered with papers completed and non completed all over the floor.

Ram got out of her chair and picked up a seemingly random pile and handed them to Reinhard.

"These ones are finished," Ram said as she walked back to her desk, and continued to work.

Reinhard looked around her work area. He knew she needed a better working environment, she was going to get depressed and demoralized from all these papers all over the place.

"Miss Ram, you really need to get a better way of organizing your work area," Reinhard said.

"I tried to organize them neatly, but I keep getting piles mixed up"

The room Ram was staying in wasn't big enough to store any filing cabinets or anything of that regard. If he wants to give Ram a better work space, she has to switch rooms.

This actually wasn't a problem. There was an empty office area upstairs near the entrance. It wasn't a huge office area, but it was big enough for Ram to do her work and keep things organized.

"Miss Ram, I am actually going to have to ask that you use that office space upstairs. I will give you the key to it, why dont you check it out and see how you like it" Reinhard said as reached into his jacket and pulled out a key that led to the empty office area.

"Sure, I can take a look" Ram accepted, as she got up and took the key from his hand. She proceeded to make her way to the room he was referring to upstairs. Ram did not have a hard time finding it since she knew the layout of Reinhard's home pretty well.