Chapter 24 (Bad Blood)

AN: Before you read this... I was kind of on the fence whether I should post this chapter or not. I wanted to do something different for a change, but I was unsure if others would enjoy this chapter. Took me sometime to debate in my head. But I eventually went "You never know if you dont show it" so I decided to post it. If you guys dislike this chapter please tell me so I can move past this conflict in the next chapter, and return to sticking with strictly wholesome happy times. If you guys actually liked it. I would like to hear that as well. One thing I will say though (Just like with all my one time OCs) All these ocs are getting the hatchet. So don't worry about having to deal with them the entire story. They will be gone into nothingness like the rest.

Also one more thing. This is the longest chapter in the story so far. You guys practically got two in a half chapters in one. Anyways, enjoy.

After firing both the governor and her lieutenant Ram went back to bed feeling agitated and annoyed. She expected that type of drunken behavior to come from Subaru. Not from her lieutenant.

The local population wasn't going to be too happy once they found out that someone from Rams camp stabbed one of the locals.

Opening the door she laid back into bed and tried to fall back asleep. Finding it hard to take her mind off the events that transpired.

Reinhard was still awake and heard the way Ram closed the door and climbed into bed. He could tell she was agitated by the slightly aggressive way she opened and closed the door.

He looked at Ram trying to drift off to sleep. Debating if he should bring up the topic on what's bothering her now, or wait until the next morning to discuss the issue.

Last thing Reinhard wanted was to make Ram feel even more frustrated. But his curiosity pleaded to be satisfied. She was his wife after all, so he kind of had the right to know what was bothering her.

"Is something bothering you, dearest? Did you settle that riot outside?" Reinhard said, breaking the silence in the room.

Ram opened her eyes and let out a tired sigh. "The "riot" is taken care of. A situation occurred, where I had to fire both our lieutenant and the islands governor"

"Is that so? What's the reasoning behind it? I'm not trying to challenge your decision. I just want to get informed on the circumstances"

Ram unexpectedly rolled over fast and aggressively. To look at Reinhard with a very agitated and frustrated look on her face.

"For drunken misconduct! The type of behavior I would expect from Barusu! I put both of them on guard duty, expecting them to control the party and stop it from getting out of hand. Instead, they both got drunk. Then started getting into fights with the locals!"

"Fighting with the locals? Well drunken misconduct like that has no place here. I would expect better from the governor and especially from our lieutenant"

"Our lieutenant was the very one who got into that fight! The governor just blacked out drunk on the ground. Carlos, on the other hand, got offended because of a comment made by someone. He got so mad he decided to pull his sword and start a duel with him!"

"Over a remark?"

"Yes, over a remark! He ended up stabbing the local. Fortunately for us and especially for Carlos he lived. I had Ivan take him off to my sister for treatment. What are the locals going to think of this altercation!? How are they ever going to trust us with defending this island after they hear about all this!?"

Reinhard could tell Ram was getting increasingly more angry discussing the topic. Luckily, he was an expert in finding ways to keep Ram calm. Mostly because he kept himself calm.