Chapter 33 (Where The Heart Is)

AN: Hello people, I just wanted to say that I have completely rewritten chapter 16. It now has a completely different plot about Subaru's long lost journal. I highly encourage you to give it another read since it's completely different from the original. That's all for now, please enjoy.

"And that, Lia, is how babies are made," Puck said informatively. Concluding his long lecture to Emilia. Who stood there looking at him with her eyes wide open and blush spread across her face.

"O-Okay, I think I understand now, can we please stop talking about this" Emilia said.

Puck noticed Subaru walking to them down the sidewalk. "Looks like Subaru has come to visit us. We will pick this up tomorrow," he said.

"Hello guys, I have come to hang out," Subaru said.

"H-Hi Subaru," Emilia said. Putting a smile on her face. Having to somewhat force it after her discussion she had with Puck.

"Hello again Subaru, how have you been?" Puck asked casually.

"Never been better." Subaru responded. He noticed the blush on Emilia's face and got curious as to what she was blushing over. "Emilia, are you blushing?" Subaru asked

"N-No, I'm not blushing," Emilia denied as she hid her face behind her hands.

"I saw your face, Emilia, and you were obviously blushing," Subaru said.

"Okay fine I'm blushing!" Emilia admitted, as took her hands off of her face. Revealing her bright red face to Subaru.

"May I ask why?" Subaru asked curiously.

"I was just telling her how-" Puck was interrupted.

"Stop Puck! I don't want to talk about this. Those types of conversations are not ones we should have while in public and especially not in front of Subaru or anyone else for that matter" Emilia said.

"As you wish Lia" Puck responded.

"Alright then... On a different note, I got something I want to show you guys," Subaru said.

"Really you want to show us something? What is it? Is it something from your original world?" Emilia asked.

"No, I just wanted to show you the ring I'm going to give to Rem." Subaru said as he pulled the ring box out of his pocket and opened it to show Emilia and Puck.

"That's a very nice ring, Subaru. Where did you get it?" Puck asked as he got near it to inspect it closer.

"Funny story actually. Just yesterday, I was sitting around outside during the royal meeting when suddenly this man in a fancy suit came walking up and decided to sit next to me. We get talking and eventually he pulls out a ring and hands it to me after I discuss my relationship with Rem."

"So he just handed it to you?" Emilia asked somewhat confused. The type of ring Subaru had was made of pristine material, many people who possessed those types of rings did not hand them away unless individuals pay them at a high price. Usually at a price that exceeds the value of the ring.

Subaru shrugged his shoulders. "Pretty much, I have no idea why. This ring seems pretty expensive, not just something you give away. That guy must have been loaded with money"

"Whatever the case, it's a nice ring, Subaru. I'm sure Rem would love it" Emilia said.

"Agreed, that's quite a ring you're giving Rem. Are you proposing to her?" Puck asked.

"Not yet, this ring is what Reinhard called a promise ring. Basically when I give it to her that will guarantee marriage one day, it's a little different from proposing apparently. I think I'm going to wait until we are back in Japan to give it to her, I know a spot I think will be perfect for the occasion"