Chapter 29 (Trading The Narrow Path)

Subaru was having the best sleep in his entire life. He had never felt so unconsciously relaxed before. This moment felt eternal, like nothing could possibly drag him back to reality.

Suddenly, he felt his eyelids start to open, and his consciousness starting to regain. Feeling himself laying in the comforts of his own bed. The pillow and mattress he was laying on felt like a cloud in the sky. The blankets amplified the comfort, the room was cold but the blankets made him feel like he was on a tropical island. The temperature being perfect in every sense of the word.

But before he could even think of going back to sleep. Subaru's brain remembered something that disappointed him greatly. Today was a school day. He couldn't even comfort himself saying that today was the last day before the weekend. Since today was the start of a new week. Meaning there was going to be no sleeping in for quite a long while.

A very soft and relaxing voice spoke up from his left. "Subaru, it's time to wake up"

Rolling over Subaru was able to lay eyes on his beautiful blue haired girlfriend. Who only grew more beautiful as his vision became unblurred from the early morning drowsiness.

Rem had a welcoming smile on her face. Her head still laid on her pillow and the sheets were still over her body. Clearly she had the same comforting desire as Subaru was having. Both of them wished they could fall back asleep, but they both knew they had responsibilities to take care of.

"Oh, good morning Rem" Subaru responded while he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Are you ready for school today?" Rem asked as she sat upright in bed, and stretched her arms Subaru not too long after following suit. As much as did not want to pull the sheets of his body, he knew it had to be done eventually.

"Well Rem, if you're ready, I'm always ready," Subaru replied in a tone of optimism and positivity, topped off with a bright smile on his face.

"Thank you Subaru. Rem is happy to hear that. I'm going to get up now and make breakfast for us. You can go back to sleep for a little bit longer if you want"

Subaru threw the sheets off himself and got out of bed. "Today Rem, I actually feel like helping you out to make breakfast for once. Maybe you could teach me a few more things"

"Alright Subaru, Rem is going to get herself dressed first. Is Rem allowed to use the shower first?"

"Yeah of course, I'll wait for you in the kitchen"

Subaru walked out of the bedroom. Rem got out of bed and walked over to the curtains that covered the bedroom window to let some sunlight in. Sliding them open, Rem's eyes looked in awe as she saw the city she already loved so dearly be completely covered in snow.

The sight made a smile grow on her face, as she stood there and stared at the snow that piled on the skyscrapers. Rem had never seen it snow before in the wonderful city, but now she was seeing it first hand.

After admiring the view, Rem grabbed her clothes from the dresser and went off to have a shower. The bathroom she was in was rather cold in temperature, so she nearly froze to death after she finished her short shower.

Rem and Subaru then prepared breakfast for themselves. Subaru actually offered to help out, and Rem couldn't have been more happy than to continue teaching him the basics of culinary arts.

Subaru was a slow learner, he didn't exactly get things the first time he learned them. He often learned by trial and error. Each attempt he would grow better and better. Rem was just thankful that he had the attitude to try and again whenever he failed.