Chapter 28 (Keeping It In The Family)

There were many reasons as to why Reinhard cherished Ram with every fiber of his being. Ram was the only person he had in his personal life. Majority of his family up to this point in his life had shunned him. Commonly blaming him for the deaths of other family members, the ones that wouldn't were dead themselves. His relationship with his grandfather had fallen apart when he was just a little kid, and his father, who once loved and cherished him, turned into an alcoholic. He was forced into the military at fourteen, and was now used as the kingdom's greatest weapon.

This was his life for many years, this is what he had to live with. Despite never showing to anyone that this bothered him, it truly bothered him internally. Then out of nowhere, Ram came along, and his personal life and life in general improved for the better.

Even when he was just serving as her personal knight, Reinhard always loved to be around her. She was a lot easier to work with then Felt. Who insulted him whenever she got the chance. Funny thing is, Reinhard wasn't even Felts favorite person to insult. That honorary position went to a man who went by the name of Carlos. Someone who was brought in to help Felt with her economic policies since he was smart with numbers. She truly needed it since she was only fifteen and knew nothing about politics in general. Felt loved to hate Carlos and would constantly insult him, even more than Reinhard.

Felt found him annoying, finding his formality pathetic, and thought he was nothing more than a big idiot who had no clue what he was talking about. Needless to say, because of Carlos's short fuse, both of them would bicker for hours on end each day. Weird thing is, Felt actually enjoyed making fun of him and arguing, so she didn't fire him.

After Felt was gone and Ram replaced her. Reinhard had to muster a lot of courage to say to Ram that he loved her and wanted to marry her. But was glad that he did since she accepted. The first night he slept next to her, he couldn't have felt happier. After months thinking of seemingly distant dreams, of one day being able to marry her. He would eventually get his wish, a much needed positive in his rocky road of a life.

He looked deep into her one visible eye on their wedding day. Promising to himself that he was going to do everything in his power to protect her and most importantly cherish her. She was the only loved one Reinhard now had, and the only one he felt he truly needed.

It was growing quite late one night. Both Reinhard and Ram were working on paperwork in Ram's office. Their focus was interrupted with a loud knock at the door.

"Who's coming over at this time of night?" Ram asked, her voice sounding slightly agitated.

"I haven't got the slightest clue, but I recommend that you go answer. I will be heading to bed. As you already know, I've got some business to attend to early tomorrow morning"

"Alright then, I will join you in a bit" Ram replied as she stood up from her chair. She stretched her limbs, and made her way to the front door.

Upon opening it, she was greeted by a cheery messenger with the name of Harold. Who had arrived to give Ram and Reinhard an dinner invitation from one of the wise men of the grand council. To be invited to have dinner with one of the wise men was viewed as a luxury that only the elite of the elite were privileged to.

Ram and Reinhard were among the few that were invited over. The dinner was going to be held tomorrow. Adding even more to Ram and Reinhard's already busy schedules. Though this event involved the grand council, therefore it was given priority.

Anything involving the grand council was given priority, even something as simple as a dinner invitation. The council was treated with the highest forms of respect by all citizens.

After being informed of the dinner they were invited to, Ram accepted the invitation. Speaking on both her and Reinhard's behalf. The messenger left, and Ram went off to have a quick bath before going to bed.