Chapter 19 (Academical)

Subaru spent the majority of yesterday evening taking care of Rem's illness, doing anything he could to help out. When Naoko returned home she brought with her some medicine from the pharmacy.

Because of the medicine provided, Rem was able to fall asleep pretty quickly that night along with Subaru. The next morning Subaru had awoken earlier than usual, and decided to wake and check up on Rem to see if she was feeling well enough to head to school with him that day.

"Rem, are you feeling alright?" Subaru asked as he shook Rem's shoulder gently.

Rem woke up and rubbed her eyes. She was feeling a lot better than yesterday. Her throat felt well enough to actually speak somewhat normally. Definitely an improvement from yesterday. Though she still had a clogged nose and still hasn't regained all of her strength.

"Yes," Rem said in a somewhat raspy tone.

"Are you sure, you don't sound too good? Do you need another day off?" Subaru said. He heard Rem clear her throat before she responded.

"I am positively sure that Rem feels better this morning and can rejoin you today," Rem said.

Subaru was uncertain if she was actually feeling better enough to rejoin him, but figured he could just give her some more medicine that his mom brought home yesterday and that would be enough to power her through the day.

Rolling over he reached his arm out to the nightstand and grabbed the bottle of medicine and a spoon he used to feed Rem dinner last night.

After cleaning the spoon off with his shirt, he gently poured the bottle of medicine onto the spoon, trying his best not to pour too much and spill it on the bed. Next he held the spoon out for Rem to consume.

She lifted her body up and moved her face towards the spoon held out for her. Rem hesitated and frowned slightly when she saw the contents. Last night when Rem took medicine for the first time she nearly spat it all out from how revolting and horrible it tasted.

"Come on now, we don't have all day. You can do it, just try not to dwell on the taste" Subaru said.

Rem closed her eyes and leaned her head forward to consume the medical liquid clean off the spoon. After she pulled her lips off the metal utensil, her face immediately scrunched up when the disgusting and revolting taste landed on her tongue. She pushed past the disgusting and sour flavor and swallowed.

Seeing and hearing her throat swallow the medicine, Subaru shot her a proud and grateful smile.

"Now Rem, this is how todays going to work. You are allowed to come with me to school, but if I notice you are still feeling very sick I will instantly send you home, and you have to agree and do as I say, alright." Subaru said.

"Ok, I promise Rem will listen to you," Rem said.

"Alright good, now let's get up and get ready," Subaru said.

Despite yesterday looking like she needed more than one day off. Rem seemed well enough to join Subaru today at school. Mostly due in part to the medicine that eased her symptoms tremendously. Though she obviously still hasn't fully recovered.

While walking to school Subaru noticed that Rem coughed quietly into her sleeve every once in a while. Didn't pay much mind to it since it was just a small cough, but his mind was telling him that he would eventually end up sending her home at some point during the day.

When they began to approach the school from the sidewalk Subaru looked over to Rem with a serious expression. Rem looked back at him confused at the serious face he was putting on.