0

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

A (H/C) girl sat rested below a maple tree, watching as the leaves danced their last moments in the wind, before descending to the fertilized ground - their deathbeds...

...And eventually getting swept back up by the janitors to bury when the piles of red and orange leaves get too thick for people to walk in.

Under this tree, during recess times in her school, the (H/C) girl likes to indulge herself in literature. Novels, magazines, articles, shop catalogues...

As long as there are words, this girl is eager to read and engrave each of them into her ever expanding and outward mind.

Although, much to everyone's surprise, as much as this girl loved to read...She was never really one to get good grades in tests and annual examinations.

But it never really bothered many people. She preferred to stay away from large crowds, and thus, no one paid her much attention.

However, on the other side of the tree...

A white haired male leaned against the maple tree, to the (H/C) girl's constant oblivion. His footsteps, even in the crunching leaves, were always light like the breeze, never making a sound.

While he doesn't read as much as the girl sitting on the opposite side of the tree, he certainly gets one of the highest marks in class every semester.

The students adored him so. The teachers praised him so. His philosophies in many things were sure to go down in the history of this school.

And it wasn't only the intelligence he carried, but his charming, heart-warming and modest personality, and looks, that made many admire him. And don't forget his forte in arts such as poetry and music.

Even though he had almost everything a person could possibly want, besides wealth and large physical strength, there was definitely something missing...

Like a piece to a jigsaw puzzle, or syllable in a haiku, or maybe a pearl in a necklace. Something felt very wrong and empty...

So he visits the beloved maple tree in the school yard to hopefully fill this gap.

Under this tree, the white haired male loved to quietly listen as the (H/C) girl mused to the literature she read. Her not-so-quiet monologues about many things, and most importantly...

Her laughs. Her adorable giggles. Her chuckles to her own silly little jokes she makes when reading these pages. When paired with the soft sound of the wind,

They were like music to his ears. Like nymphs playing a grass whistle. He couldn't get enough of it.

Maybe...

This girl that not a lot of people pay any mind to, who doesn't like standing out...

Was she the missing piece?

*ೃ༄