13

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

"Curiosity kills the cat..."

Ayaka stared at her blank sheet of paper, "It is curiosity that can lead to someone potentially hurting themselves. Right, so..."

Write a poem, they said.

You may write it however you like, it'll be fun.

But it has to say something, right? Or more importantly,

It has to mean something, right?

A haiku!

Ayaka was in her phase where she idolized the best haiku writer in her school, Kaedehara Kazuha.

A haiku about curiosity killing the cat...That sounds about it.

Eventually, her hand began to move, and the pen she held followed her, tracing black words onto the page.

"Like a cat finding itself in a dog's cage. Like a person finding themselves in danger..." Ayaka muttered as she wrote, "Curiosity is what allows humans to broaden their knowledge."

But curiosity will also hurt in the process.

Maybe it doesn't need to kill...

If "curiosity" was a person, they would be very sinister.

"But, what if...It is not the cat's own curiosity that kills it? What if it's someone else's curiosity that caused the cat's death...?" The fair haired girl thought to herself.

But she quickly shook her head, "Better play it safe with the topic."

Soon, 15 minutes pass.

15 minutes, after brainstorming on one piece of paper, Ayaka had written a completed haiku on another paper, faster than expected.

With a sigh of relief, she reread the haiku:

"A crushing feeling.
Curiosity betrays.
Once bitten, twice shy."

(5, 7, 5)

"..."

Although she felt like she could do much better than this.

And she also felt like other people would have done better than her.

Haikus are difficult, and other contestants don't even need to write a haiku.

Maybe she just made it hard for herself...

And another ten minutes pass, with the fair haired girl anxious.

"The period to write your poem will end in 5 minutes. Please make finish up and make preparations to pass up your paper."

Finally...

Ayaka let out a sigh.

*ೃ༄

A white haired boy quickly hopped off his car and ran into the school grounds.