Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Fire

Levi just indirectly confessed his affection towards me. He may not say it straightforwardly, but I understand what he meant, clear and precise. I can feel it too, I am just merely disregarding it since something has already been etched in the back of my mind− we're young, we like games and thrills. It's difficult for someone our age to be serious in this type of discourse.

Young love... it has the potential to scorch you. It is an uncontrollable raging fire that cannot be tamed. It's addictive and obsessive. I'm afraid Levi will be the one that will fuel the flames to make a blazing fire within me. I'm afraid that I'm too young to understand how it works to the point that the feelings that are forming inside of me will be the reason why I will be burned by the fire, that's why I don't want to experience it at the moment. Because someone will play with the fire, someone will make it untamable. And that someone is Levi.

I'm a fan of romantic stories, but never a young love. I will never be. That's what I believe in since then.

But all the principles I've engraved in my head are gradually fading. The tools I've used in carving are deliberately bending the ideals I've believed in, making the reality I've lived in distorted.

Hindi ko na alam.

Gusto ko siya. Gusto namin ang isa't isa. I'm quite sure he's aware of the growing feelings within me as well. We may not have talked about it yet, but there appears to be a common understanding between us. Him, not entertaining other girls because he's into someone−which happens to be me, according to him− just speaks volumes about his feelings.

Bahala na.

I am young and I'm enjoying it. I am young and I'm living the life I want. I don't think I should ask for more. I just want to seize the moment, feel the feeling, and live. I don't want to think about the consequence that will happen in the future. I want to focus on the present, at this moment.

Young love... it may burn me. But at least I experience to be in the fire, flaring in such desire.

We became much closer after his indirect confession. There's actually no awkwardness between us, ni hindi man lang kami nahiya sa isa't isa. Sabay na ulit kami pumapasok at umuuwi. Sabay mag lu-lunch at mag re-review. He's still the snobbish Levi I know, but a softie when it comes to me.

Walang nag bago sa amin. He just became more flirty and too obvious! Katulad nalang ngayon! He is staring at me like I'm the only one he's seeing even though a lot of students are around us! He is way too focus on me to even care about our surroundings!

"Uy, baka matunaw 'yan, Leviticus." saad ni Kairi.

He smirks, still not taking his eyes off me, "Ganda, eh."

My cheeks flushed. Ilang beses niya ng sinabi iyan, pero hindi ko padin mapigilan ang sarili ko na kiligin. Masanay ka na, Hyacinth! Dahil mukhang hindi titigil 'yan si Levi!