Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Deja Vu 

Pagtapos ng lunch ay bumalik na si Levi sa classroom nila. Nagpaalam naman ako kila Symoune na pupunta munang bathroom. Mamayang uwian nila ay itutuloy iyong seminar. Bukas kasi ay puro activities na ang gagawin nila kaya kailangan may groupings na sila mamaya. 

It's not easy being the head of this seminar. Wala kaming kasamang matanda na mag-g-guide sa amin. But I guess it's a chance for me to prove that I can be independent and lead a group. 

Hindi din naman ako masyadong napapagod dahil tinutulungan talaga ako nila Symoune. I'm really thankful for their presence. And Levi also make sure that I'll not be tired. Minu-minuto niya ata akong pinaalahanan na uminom ng tubig. Wala ako sa sariling napangiti ng maala ko iyong lunch na binigay niya kanina. 

He said he was the one who cook it and it's very delicious! Hindi ako makapaniwalang isang lalaki ang sobrang sarap magluto ng chicken curry! 

I am in front of a mirror and brushing my hair when someone from the cubicle got out. Parehas nanlaki ang mata namin ni Elisha nang magkatinginan kami sa salamin. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin at pinagpatuloy ang pagsusuklay. 

I felt her coming beside me. She wash her hand in the sink beside me. Ramdam ko ang titig niya sa bawat galaw ko. 

I don't know how to react. It's almost 2 years since we last saw each other and I remember myself being mad at her too. Though I didn't hear her badmouthing me or what, I'm still mad at her for not contacting me to ask I was the one in the video. She did nothing when I was struggling. She stayed silent so I hated her. 

Tinapos ko na ang pagsusuklay at handa na sanang umalis sa bathroom ng tinawag niya ang pangalan ko. 

"Hyacinth..." 

I stopped walking and slowly face her. I can't explain her reaction. She is biting her lips like she is preventing herself from saying something. I even saw her fidgeting in the side of the pocket of her skirt. 

My brows furrowed. Something has changed on her. I just can't get what it is. 

"What? Are you going to say something? Kung wala ay aalis na ako." 

Seconds have passed but she's still not talking. I sighed. Aalis na sana ulit ako nang pinigilan niya ulit ako.

"How are you? Are you okay?" 

I face her again and laugh without humor. I can't believe it! How dare she ask me that question?! Dapat ay dati niya pa iyan tinanong, bakit ngayon lang?! 

"Why do you care?" 

I saw tears pooling on the side of her eyes. "You are my friend-" 

"I was," I corrected her. "Hindi na tayo magkaibigan ngayon."