Bonding

Michael

I wake up feeling somebody next to me in my bed. I look and see Charlotte sleeping on my shoulder. I hold her tighter to me and kiss her head. Of course she's scared because of what happened yesterday. She wakes up. I smile at her.

"Good morning, Angel Face.", I say.

"Good morning, Bruiser.", she says and giggles. "Thank you for what you did yesterday."

"You don't need to thank me.", I say. "Why did you sleep here though?"

"I was scared.", she says quietly.

I just hold her tightly close to my body trying to make her feel safe. She kisses my chest and I kiss her forehead. She buries her face in her hands and starts to cry. I just hold her tightly making her cry in my chest. I really hate seeing her cry.

"Please don't cry, baby.", I say.

God! Did I just call her baby?! I kiss her head multiple times and keep her close to me.

"You're my superhero. You're my superhero, Michael.", she says making me smile and kiss her nose.

"I love you more. That's what I wanted to say.", I say smiling.

She cries but this time happy tears and hugs me tightly. I hug her back and kiss her cheek.

"Yesterday I actually wanted to tell you something.", I say.

She raises her eyebrows waiting for me to talk.

"I thought that if we talk together about the things we don't like maybe we won't need to fight again.", I say.

"Okay, we'll have a meeting in 15.", she says and runs to her bedroom.

Charlotte

I like Michael's idea. We won't fight if we knew the things we don't like. I really wanna bond with him. So I just go to my bedroom and do morning hygiene. I wear a white tank top, dark green pegged pants and beige sandals. I go downstairs and Michael isn't there yet. I make us some cereals and make the table. He comes a few minutes later only in black sweatpants.

"I made breakfast.", I say.

"Thank you.", he says.

We sit together on the table and start eating.

"Well, you'll start what are the thing in me that you hate?", he asks.

"I don't like it when you call me bitch and when we fight physically.", I say. "What about you?"

"I don't like it when you call me asshole and your hard punches.", he says. "I promise you that I won't call you the word and I'm not gonna fight with you physically."

"And I promise you that I won't call you asshole and I'm not gonna punch you again.", I say. "What took you so long by the way?"

"I was trying to wear a shirt but it hurt so I just came there.", he says.

I kiss the scars over his chest and he kisses my forehead.

"Well, I was wondering if you maybe would want to hang out tonight.", he says.

"Sure. Where?", I ask.

"Maybe we could go to a bar or something.", he says. "Is it alright with you?"

"Yeah, but don't tell Mom.", I say making us laugh.

"And you don't tell Joseph.", he says.

"Alright.", I say. "Can I hug you?"

He don't say anything but just wraps my arms around me and holds my head against his chest. We keep hugging for a long time.

"Well, I need to get ready.", I say.

"Now? We're going at night.", he say.

"Girls' stuff.", I say and wink.