XXXI

I must have fallen asleep at some point because Dego woke me up with a gentle nudge.

I was sprawled on my back on the couch, lower legs still resting in Dego's lap.

He had one hand gently grasping my ankle and the other was resting next to my waist, and there was a soft smile on his face.

"Is the movie over?" I asked groggily.

"Yeah, it's over...are you okay to drive home?"

"Mhmm..." I said, nodding, and rolled onto my side and closed my eyes again.

I was pulled out of my dreams once more by a firm shake this time.

"Avery, do you just want to spend the night? It's completely okay."

I just stared at him in complete confusion.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a sitting position, took my chin in one hand and looked at me.

"What time is it?" I mumbled.

"11:30."

"Yeah...but Scott's asleep now..."

"Do you want me to text him?"

"Yeah...I'll do it," I said, and stood up from the couch, swaying as I stumbled over to the kitchen to get my phone.

I told him I was staying the night at a friend's house since it got late, and made my way back to the couch and sat down.

"So you're gonna stay?" Dego was standing, blowing out candles and shutting blinds.

"Yes...that would be very nice...I'm sorry for the trouble but I, I think I would fall asleep if I tried to drive," I answered honestly, waking up a little bit.

"No trouble at all Ave, are you okay on the couch?"

"Oh yes, that's fine for me."

"K, let me grab you a pillow and another blanket."

"Thank you," I murmured sleepily, when he came back and gave them to me.

"Of course, need anything else?"

"No I'm good," I said, smiling, eyes closing simultaneously.

"Ha, go to sleep."Dego said, easing me down onto the pillow and putting both blankets over me.

I clutched them close under my chin in my dreamlike state, mumbling a thank you.

"Goodnight," he said, and I sensed him leaving the room, and I whispered a quiet reply, but knew no more until morning.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I awoke with a jolt, sensing I was not in my bed.

I looked around the room, saw sunlight streaming in through the sliding door, and remembered where I was.

The whole house was dead quiet, the only sound coming from the fan.

I sat up and brushed my hair out of my face, looking around for a clock.

My phone lit up with a text from the floor, and I saw that is was only seven thirty.

Good, I didn't have to be at the restaurant until eleven. I made my way down the hall to the bathroom, found a towel and washcloth, and took a quick shower, using the men's shampoo on the ledge. If I smell the wrong type of sexy for a day so what.

I towelled off and put the t shirt back on, remembering my clothes were still in Dego's closet, and not wanting to wake him up if he wasn't yet.

I walked back down the hall and started when I saw Dego in the kitchen, shyness overtaking me.