XXXV

When it got dark and the cool, the brisk breeze made me cold in my wet clothes, and we headed inside and I took off my wet clothes outside on the deck while Dego, who had promised to bring me a towel, went inside.

I stood next to the door, shivering slightly in my t-shirt, and gratefully accepted the towel he handed me, wrapping it around my waist.

I noticed Dego's glance though, and felt a shyness take over me when he met my eyes with his clearly appreciative ones.

"You're gorgeous. Why are you always hiding yourself?"

I looked down, letting my hair fall in a curtain across my face as I bent to dry my legs.

"Ah," I laughed awkwardly," Thank you...I don't know, I just don't want people to stare at me I suppose, I'm too self conscious."

"I don't know what in the world about," he scoffed, putting his hand to the top of the door frame.

I just shrugged sheepishly, wrapped the towel around my waist again and took a step forward, expecting him to move and let me pass, but he didn't, just gazed down at me, casually, completely in control.

Something about his attitude did that to me, turning my usual confidence into a shy, stuttering awkwardness.

I met his gaze and bit my lip.

"'S'cuse me," I tried, knowing it was hopeless.

I knew in the back of my mind that it was over before it had begun.

Dego reached out and pulled me forward gently by my waist, and kissed me, a full, sensual kiss, one made to stir up feelings inside of you, but the only thing that happened to me was a calm awareness that this man was very good at kissing.

No dizzy sensation, no butterflies, but a detached enjoyment, almost a calmness stole over me, and although I realized for certain in that moment that I was not in love with this man, I couldn't bring myself to stop him either.

I felt almost a pity for him, as I kissed him back, the towel dropping from my fingers as I reached up and wrapped my arms gently around his neck, because I could tell that he was acting on something he'd been holding back for a long time, and to me, it felt like the most casual thing in the world.

So I kissed him back, letting him have what he wanted, knowing it was wrong, but not wanting to deny him of it. I told myself, as he pulled me closer by my hips, that I wouldn't let it happen again, just this once.

Immediately, for the first time in my life, I became aware of what it felt like to be pressed against an aroused man, and I was so surprised for a second that I took a step back, breaking the kiss to stare up at him, wide eyed.

Dego allowed me only a second before he pulled me to him once more, almost roughly, his mouth coming down on mine again, leading me forward as he retreated from the doorway and closed it behind us with one hand.

He lifted his head to look me in the eyes, and I could see in the dim light that they were glazed over with arousal.

He bent and in one motion lifted me by my thighs and wrapped them around his waist, and began kissing the side of my neck, the warm feeling giving me goosebumps and causing me to moan.

A deep growl of pleasure sounded from his throat as his mouth roamed over my neck and throat.

He walked the few steps over to the dining table and set me down on it.

"Dego..." I moaned, clutching his shoulders.

"What baby?" He mumbled, between kisses.

"We should...stop now..."

"Why is that?" he asked lazily, lifting his mouth from my neck and kissing me hard on the lips.

He kissed me breathless, and then returned his mouth to my neck, kissing along my shoulder until my shirt got in the way, and then he pulled it down until it slipped off my shoulder, leaving my chest exposed to his mouth as well.

"Ughhhh....Dego...why do you...have to be so....good at this..." I breathed, angry at myself that I couldn't make him stop, yet not wanting to either.

He chuckled and continued, hands slipping under my shirt and traveling down my spine.

"We can move to the bedroom," He suggested.

I felt a little fear at that, and did something to distract him so I didn't have to give an answer. I grabbed the hem of his shirt and slid it up and over his torso, which he let me do without protest.

I smoothed my hands over his chest, once again feeling nothing but a calm appreciation of his masculinity, and I knew it was wrong to continue; I felt nothing more for this man than friendship, and an uncomplicated lust for his body. I didn't lie to myself.

I had told him I just wanted to be friends for now, and now everything was messy.

But when he gripped my waist again, rubbing circles with his thumbs, I leaned forward and kissed him the same way he kissed me, pulling him down slightly so I could suck on his neck and shoulders, leaving rows of kisses and tiny hickeys. He groaned and pulled me tight against him again, rolling his hips against mine, and I knew he was asking, asking for more, but I knew I wasn't ready to give it.

"Dego...I don't want to do any more than this. I've...never done any more than this with anyone and..."

I felt him nod into my neck. Relief filled me when he straightened and sighed, the crazed look fading from his eyes.

"Okay...we can stop. For now." He said, exhaling.

I nodded, and kissed him gently on the cheek, slowly sliding off the table and straightening my shirt.

"It's...a little overwhelming for me...I've only ever been with one person and...it was nothing. Nothing like what we just did," I confesssed.

"Im sorry Avery, I'm sorry for starting that," he apologized, and I could tell he genuinely felt bad.

"No, it's okay, it was me too," I said. "Don't feel bad."

"I do. You very clearly told me how you feel earlier so I had no excuse," he said, turning away with a hard face.

"It's alright Dego, It's alright...but, I'd still have to go with what I told you earlier...I really do only...see you as a friend, at least for now."

He nodded, looking away. "I understand."

I reached out and gave him a hug, which he returned, and I felt better.

"So, where are we going to sleep?" I asked.

"Let's go find out," he said, flicking on a light and smiling his familiar smile at me.