A New Era 3

“We only have 9 members left.” Said Shindou. 

“10 members!” said Tsurugi as he shot the ball into the goal.

“Tsurugi Kyousuke and Miss Kimiko will be joining the soccer club from here on.” Said the chairman.

“We are?” asked/whispered Kimiko to her friend. Tsurugi nodded a ‘yes’ and faced Shindou.

“Well then, give him the uniform captain.” Said the chairman.

Shindou is now holding a spare uniform. He was about to give it to Tsurugi, but Tsurugi slapped it away. "How dare you?! That was the Raimon Soccer uniform!”

“We’re only here as observers.” Said Tsurugi. “We’re just gonna watch you play.”

Shindou was getting angry. He was about to punch Tsurugi before Sangoku stopped him. Then the duo left.

~Kimiko’s POV~

“Remind again why weren’t we in class?” I asked Tsurugi. It was lunch time and I’ve been following Tsurugi around all day, but we didn’t go to any classes.

“Because A. It’s boring and B. We can do what we want since the only reason we’re here is to make sure the soccer team plays by Fifth Sector’s rules.” Answered Tsurugi.

“Just because we can skip class, doesn’t mean we should.” I sighed. “Well, we’ll have it your way then.”

“Good.” He said.

We stopped by the entrance that lead into the school building and just stayed there for a while. Tsurugi was playing around with his phone and I was just listening to my headphones. Then, Matsukaze appeared with 3 other people. I took off my headphones carefully, so that I wouldn’t open my hoodie and put them in my bag. He walked over to us, even though his friends are trying to stop him. Matsukaze and Tsurugi each said a sentence each regarding the soccer club. Then Matsukaze went to class with his friends, while Tsurugi and I went off to some other part of the school.

After school, Tsurugi and I watched Matsukaze, that Nishizono kid and 3 other guys attending the soccer trial. Apparently, Matsukaze and Nishizono passed while the others didn’t. They walked up the steps, where Tsurugi and I were sitting and they muttered stuff about them not wanting to join the team in the first place.

“Pitiful.” I muttered. “They just walk away, not admitting defeat. Chickens.”

“Losers.” Said Tsurugi. “You’re all just a bunch of losers. It’s no wonder you didn’t make it into the team.” The guys just walked away.

“Matsukaze and Nishizono look so happy that they joined the team.” I said. “It reminds of back when we were soccer freaks ourselves.”

“Those times are over. We need to focus on Fifth Sectors orders now.” Said Tsurugi coldly.

“You don’t actually believe that do you?” I said. “I’m sure Yuuichi-san would be happy if you play our soccer.”

“I know, but I still have to do this.” Said Tsurugi, looking quite desperate.

I sighed. “Kyousuke there’s no telling whether or not Kuroki really will pay for his surgery. For all I know, it could just be a possible blackmail.” He growled.

I sighed again. “I’ll let you do what you want; I just don’t want you to end up doing something you’ll regret.” I stood up and walked back home. Right at the moment I show up at my house, I saw an orange car pulling over at the drive way. Masato-nee went out of it along with Shuuya-nee and Yuuka-chan. Yep, that’s right. I’m related to the infamous Gouenji Shuuya and his cousin, Gouenji Masato is my older brother.

“Konichiwa Shuuya-nee, Ni-san, Yuuka-chan.” I said.

“Konichiwa Kimiko.” Yuuka said to me. We went in and had dinner together. It was pretty quiet. Or I was anyway.

“Is something wrong Kimiko?” asked Shuuya.

I sighed. “No, I’m fine.”

“If you say so.” Said Yuuka.

After that, the entire meal was silent. After I eat, I directly went to my room and took out my phone.

G. Kimiko: Oi Kyousuke. R u there?

T. Kyousuke: Yea, y?

G. Kimiko: No reason. Just wondering if everything’s ok with u and Yuuichi-san.

T. Kyousuke: Yeah, everything’s fine. Y u ask?

G. Kimiko: Long story. Can u pick me up for school tomorrow? We’re gonna go 2 soccer club right?

T. Kyousuke: Alright and yes. Hv 2 sleep now, bye.

G. Kimiko: Kk, bye.

The next day, we went off to school and into the soccer building. Matsukaze and Nishizono introduced themselves formally.

“And what about you two?” asked Kurumada.

“Tsurugi Kyousuke.” Said Tsurugi.

“And my name’s Kimiko.” I said, taking my hoodie off, revealing my face. “Gouenji Kimiko.” And that surprises everyone, excluding Tsurugi.

“GOUENJI?!” said Matsukaze and Nishizono. “As in the legendary Gouenji Shuuya?!”

“I’m his cousin actually.” I said. Haruna and Kudou seem to be surprised as well, but I don’t mind it. After introductions were done, we headed out to the field. The team practiced while Tsurugi and I watched from the sidelines.