04

Sulhaney

It's 3 am and I've not closed my eyes for three hours since week.
Sometimes it's bad other times it's bearable.

The glow of the laptop infront of me fills the room and I glare at the screen wondering why the fuck these people can't take a hint.
What do a girl gotta do, skin them alive before they keep their noses out of things that doesn't concern them?

While they're busy trying the hack the firewall I created, I tore theirs apart and crashed every computer within the room being worked from.

I clenched my jaw as my temper flared.
This was something I wanted to leave behind.

This was something we burried as we died that day and walked away with a version of ourselves that would forever carry the dried bones of our past.

And they think they can just swoop in and start digging up things?!

My watch started beeping a warning.

Keep calm Sulhaney, you've got to meet with your PA to sort out the files tomorrow remember?

I took deep breaths to slow down my heartbeat.
I opened the double doors to my balcony and stepped out into the cool early morning breeze. Summer was at it's end but a bit of it's warm still lingered in the air.

Sitting onto the swing lounge chair that Dad had designed for me.

I looked into the stary sky and sighed.

I wish you were here to just give me a hug Lo. I miss you so much.

I know that my parents are out there somewhere.
If they were dead I would've been able to find the records but there are none.

I have all this power, of course I could look for them but apart of me wishes that they've forgotten about me.
If I were to find them then they'll be a liability for me, people will try and target them to get to me.

From what I could've found they weren't related to anything in the underworld. So I've let it go.

Dad knows that my biologicals might be alive and he wants me to try and reach out to them but it took years for him to make this much progress with me. I never show emotions, I never let them get close to me, especially after she died.

I laid onto my back and closed my eyes just listening to the hustle of night hunt.
A hoot broke through the air and a smile tugged at my lips.
It was her favorite sound as well as crickets and light rain and funnily enough I now find peace in those sounds after the endless times I've sat out in the night with her to just keep her company.

And with those sounds in the background I was slowly lulled to sleep.