09

Sulhaney

Flashback

"Mommy!" I shrieked my two little feet padding fast on the tiles to the library my Dad hot on my heels.

"Come here my Sul, I'll get you and gobble you!"

"No! You can't catch me!" my seven year old self called over my shoulder.

It was my fault I was being chased, Papa didn't want to share his food so I stole his juice now he's out to get me.
Taking a sharp turn into the library, I ran to the couch infront of the large painting my Mom was occupying.

"Mommy! Daddy didn't share, I was hungry!" I giggled out.

"Nooo!" my giggled scream came out as my father swooped me off my feet and tossed me into the air to embrace me in his bear arms to do it again.
Somewhere along the way all three of us was engulfed in fits of contagious laughter.

"You mad at me Papa?" I asked him.
I was more mature than others for my age due to my high IQ, I could understand more than the average child my age.

"No my Sul, I love you with all my heart" he told me.
"And so do I my light" my Mom joined in.

"Even of I were to do something really bad?" I asked them both.

"Even when you do the worse things, that's the love of parents, everlasting, always with you" my Mom attempted to put my young mind at ease.

"So don't you ever doubt our love Sul" my father firmly told me.
"We'll love you to the end of time"

My eyes snapped open from the memory.
I fell asleep, I looked at the holographic clock being displayed from my bedside table to see the time, 5 am.
I fell asleep around 3:30, good enough for me I guessed, rubbing my face. I was lucky tonight.

Sighing I got up and stumbled to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. Trying to wake myself up more from the memory that has placed pain in my heart once more.

I can't look for them. They had promised to love me but they don't know what I've become.
They don't know of all that I've done.

They promised to love their little princess, I wasn't the princess anymore. I became the beast.

I threw on a sports bra and some shorts grabbing a towel and a water bottle on the way down to the gym to get started on my work out.

I tore myself apart in the gym, pushing all my limits. I hadn't done all that I would staying in the hotel but I had to get back into shape.
When I finished my routine my limbs burned in protests of fatigue and my fingers tingled with all the endorphins going crazy within my body.

It was almost 7 by the time I stepped into the shower to help my muscles relax with the scalding water.
My skin was red by the time I stepped out to wrap my body in a large towel.

I had to attend a meeting this morning before I went to school.
So I had to wear something suitable for business yet not too fancy for school.