Chapter 10

"What's going on?" Perry asked, once they were outside the dining hall.

"Nicole and I are back together."

He took Waverly's hand, searching her eyes. "But I thought...but we. With her!"

"Yes, with her. I'm with Nicole."

"But she's."

"Yes, she is."

"Is this a phase?"

Waverly's jaw fell, caught off guard by his words, followed by shock, followed by anger. "A phase! No, it's not a phase."

"But you're."

"Perry, Nicole and I were together and then we split. And, now we are unsplit, I mean we're back together. We're together. Again. Why am I explaining myself?"

"But she's."

"I never took you for this."

"I'm not. Is that why's she's here?"

Waverly pulled her hand away. "She is here for Wynonna, was here for Wynonna and now she's here for me, okay."

"And, you're sure? Wow, never thought of you as one of those."

"Those! Those! Well, for your information, I am one of those."

"No. Look, if that's what you want. And, there's no chance you'll change your mind?"

Waverly shook her head, waiting for Perry to say something further to infuriate, her entire body shaking as he wandered off towards the accommodation block. Nicole was giving her eyes as she rejoined the others, eager to know what their discussion was about, Waverly rolling her own. It was Rosita's turn to move her tray to be opposite. "I'm really sorry about what happened to the tomb."

Composing herself Waverly sat beside Nicole, reaching for her hand. "When will they open up the site again?"

"Could be months the way it works here. Or, years," she replied, picking up her knife, pushing a small piece of chicken slowly across the plate.

Waverly watched the movement. "All we've done and this is where we end up. We were so close."

"Demand and desperation," Rosita observed. "When I started there were hardly any raids. Now the market for what we find is crazy. The prices are through the roof."

"What will you do?" Waverly asked, her mind still processing the conversation with Perry.

"Head back to Cairo I guess, make preparations for another dig. I'll miss this place."

Picking up her tray she headed out to find Robert. "What did Perry want?" Nicole whispered.

"I can't, not here. Wyn, we're going back."

"Which room?" she replied, winking at Nicole.

"Eleven. You okay in fourteen?"

"Oh sure. Robin and Jeremy are hitting the club. Only, I've zero to my name, since someone still has my bag."

Nicole pulled out her wallet, handing over a handful of notes. "Do you need my phone?"

"Nope. Not unless you want photos of me strutting my funky stuff."

Back in the room, Nicole lay on the bed, legs dangling over the edge, listening to the shower. "So."

"So, what?" Waverly replied, as she emerged naked from the bathroom, slipping into bed.

Nicole sat up, pulling her arms through her tee shirt, lifting it over her head. "Perry."

"Can we not?"