Origins Part 2

Nadja: (standing to the side of a picture of one of Stoneheart's minions, tablet in hand) The stone beings are scattered all over Paris, and for the time being, they are showing no signs of movement. (a variety of pictures is shown) Police have cordoned off the area.

André: (on television alongside officer Roger) We won't stop until we find a way to get these people back to their normal selves, but for now, we're not making much headway.

(The camera flips backs to Nadja standing next to a photo of Ladybug and Cat Noir.)

Nadja: Paris is relying on our new guardian angels, Ladybug and Cat Noir, to save us all. Our lives depend on them.

**********

Tom: (turns around and puts arm on Marinette's shoulder) Listen, I know how upsetting and scary this is, but don't worry, sweetie; we've got two superheroes looking out for Paris, and the best way of helping them is to show them that we're not scared, because we trust them. (Tom raises a fist and scrunches face with confidence and faith)

Marinette: But what if Ladybug fails? (Marinette looks down in shame)

Tom: Then I'd come and save you. (holds piece of bread as a sword) Super Baker to the rescue!

Marinette: (giggles and reaches up to give her father a peck on the cheek) Thanks, Super Dad!

(She runs up to her room and grabs her purse, pausing for a moment to look at her vanity drawer where she keeps her Miraculous. She opens the drawer and contemplates taking the case the Miraculous is in. Then, she places the case in her purse with certainty.)

**********

Nathalie: Hmm, what's he doing? (the clock chimes once; she looks for Adrien in his room but doesn't find him) Adrien?

Gabriel: (near the staircase and entrance of the home, Nathalie and Adrien's bodyguard stand side by side; Gabriel is not pleased.) You didn't see him leave? If anything has happened to my son, you'll be held responsible!

**********

Plagg: You're such a strange kid. Who would want to be at school when he can stay at home all day?

Adrien: You don't get it, Plagg. I've had enough of being shut up at home by my dad. I want to meet people and make friends! Go to a normal school like everyone else!

Plagg: (sighs) Uhhh, I think I'm feeling weak...

Adrien: You know what's strange? (stops running; unhooks his bag and grabs a wedge of Camembert) The fact that all you eat is this disgusting, rotten-smelling Camembert cheese, and then I have to smell like it 24/7. That's strange. (is disgusted with Plagg and his behaviour)

Plagg: (chimes in) If you want to be able to transform into a superhero, then stinky cheese is the deal, my friend! (Adrien continues to school)

**********

Alya: Lady blog, (hands Marinette her phone) bringing you all the latest news about the coolest superhero, Ladybug! How awesome is that?! (takes her phone back) Check out the number of views since I posted the video!

Marinette: But why do you trust Ladybug so much? All these stone beings...

Alya: (confidently) She's gonna handle 'em.

Marinette: But what if she's not really cut out to be a superhero even though everyone thinks she is?

Alya: What are you talking about, girl? Oh, wait. (comes to a realization) I know what this is about. (Marinette is flustered and scared of what Alya is about to say) You're scared, but don't be! I've seen her with my own two eyes, girl! Ladybug is a true superheroine! She's going to protect us all! I believe in her. (Marinette looks down at her purse and is filled with confidence; as she walks with Alya, she notices a group gathered around Ivan)