Copycat

'Tikki, I think I may like Adrien,' Marinette said while blushing,

Tikki responded, 'why don't you ask him to a movie?'

Marinette: you think he'll say yes?

Tikki: of course, your amazing Marinette

Marinette: how though?

Tikki: There is a very simple solution, Marinette, it's called a cell phone. You just need his number.

Marinette: I don't have his number. But I know who'll have Adrien's number!

Marinette pulls out her phone to call Alya.

******

A crowd is gathered for the Ladybug and Cat Noir's sculpture. Théo and André Bourgeois are facing the crowd, with the giant statue covered with a sheet behind them.

André: I'm sure you've outdone yourself, Théo.

Théo: It was my honour. And I can't wait to meet Ladybug, I hope she'll autograph the photo I used as the inspiration for the statue. During the Stormy weather attack, she saved me. She's so amazing!

André: Oh, it's nearly time. Ladybug and Cat Noir should already be here by now.

********

Alya: here's Adrien's number that I got from Nino.

Marinette: thanks, Alya

Alya: no problem

Marinette: u sure this is a good idea?

Alya: (taps the call button on her phone) Too late. It's dialling. (She jumps behind Marinette's chaise.)

(Marinette gasps and panics while holding the cell phone in one hand, not knowing what to do.)

Adrien's voice recorder: Hey, this is Adrien's voicemail. Leave a message.

Marinette: It's gone to voicemail!

Alya: Leave a message! Don't improv!

Marinette: Uhh, hello. uh, this is Marinette, I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie sometime? Uh kay byee!

Alya looks at her, proudly. The two ended up hanging for the rest of the day causing Marinette to forget she had to go to the unveiling.

*********

Adrien is taking fencing classes, while Plagg is in his locker, eating Camembert.

Plagg: (Adrien's phone vibrates.) Ahhhhh!

Automated voice: (from phone) You have 1 new message. (Plagg shuts it off.)

(Back in the gym, Adrien defeats his opponent. He pulls up his mask.)

Adrien: Gotta get a drink of water. I'll be right back. (He runs to his locker and opens it. He opens his bag and sees Plagg inside, finishing his cheese.) Plagg, you pig!

Plagg: You have 1 new message. (burps)

Adrien: Move, please, so I can check my voicemail. Hmm, don't recognize this number. Oh no, now we're late! Time to transform, Plagg! (His ring flashes.)

*******

Marinette and Alya go outside for some ice cream but then they see Cat Noir.

Cat Noir: (leaping over a building) Woo-hoo! Yeah-ha-ha! Ha! Hahaha! (lands in front of the statue) Hey, everybody!

(Marinette covers her mouth and looks panicked.)

Alya: They're unveiling Ladybug and Cat Noir's sculptures today! I totally spaced!