Chapter 12

Adrien was extremely excited this was the moment he'd been waiting for, finally the day to tell ladybug how he felt. So, as he prepared his moonlight picnic he thought over what he'd say to his lady.

He arranged a charcuterie board with the help of Plagg telling him in advance all the best cheeses to get, he got chocolate covered strawberries with red dots on it to match her costume and he laid down a bucket of ice with champagne in it. As he stepped back to survey his work he thought it was perfect.

*******

Ladybug transformed and made her way to their spot, when she got there the breath rushed out. It was beautiful, chat noir hung up string lights and laid down fuzzy blankets and pillows along with roses all over. She was speechless even after he asked her if she was ok and gave her a glass of champagne.

She snapped out of her stupor, 'thank you chat wow it's so beautiful,'

He blushed, 'thank you,'

'I can't believe you put all of this together on such short notice,'

'anything but the best for you milady,'

Ladybug blushed and sat down picking up a polka dot strawberry smiling at the detail. She already started to feel better, tikka was right as always.

'how come you decided to come?' he asked her,

'to be honest, all this superhero stuff has been extremely stressful, and I really needed a break. I uh really needed a friend,' she glanced away but looked back when chat held her hand,

'I understand it's what being partners is all about so we could talk about these things because no one else understands,'

'yea... it's just before all this I had a good stress-free life. I just had to focus on school, family, friends, and my hobbies but now I have this, and it makes everything feel so overwhelming. I have no time for any of those things anymore and if I do have the time I don't get to enjoy it because I'm always looking over my shoulder for when hawkmoth strikes again.'

'well for me this new life has been a blessing. My life before was shit to say the least. I had no freedom, no life, no friends. Everything was rigid and stale and lonely. But now I can move wherever I want, see you, meet new people albeit after they have been deakumaatized but still I haven't had this much fun or a life in well ever. My schedule was always busy before this, so I just view it as one more thing on my schedule,'

Ladybug nodded after hearing chat speak it made her understand her partner better, why he was always happy to fight, why he was so carefree as opposed to her being stressed. She realized she judged him too harshly whenever he made a mistake.

*****

The two continued to get to know each other and they both found it to be exactly what their partnership needed. Chat felt even closer to ladybug than before and before she could leave he decided now was his chance.

Grabbing a rose he turned to her, 'hey ladybug before you go. I wanted to say thank you for tonight but also I wanted to tell you something. I uh – cough- I uh- I really like you as more than a friend,' he handed her the rose and shifted on her feet in her silence.

Ladybug was shocked that he actually confessed to her. She had her suspicions but never expected him to do it. If she was being honest with herself it made her feel bad and annoyed. How could he do it so easily and she couldn't do it with Adrien?

'I uh I'm flattered but I like someone else I'm sorry chat,'

Chat felt sad and disappointed with her answer, he thought that after tonight her seeing who he was she'd grow to like him back, ' no sweat ladybug your friendship means everything to me,'

He kissed her on the cheek causing ladybug to blush and jumped away before she could see his tears. 

*I'm planning on introducing Mayura soon and furthering the overall plot with some exciting ideas I have soon but I need to cover a few more groundwork things first. so pls like and comment thanks. I'm pretty busy with school so I may not update as regularly but ill try.