13. The poison in her system

Katherine's pov

Toni, Derek, Damiano, Thomas, Lydia and I, are right outside Tori's hospital room. I am sitting on a chair and I have my head buried in my hands. I don't even want to think that she might get hurt because of me, or worse.

"Hey, she's going to be alright" Lydia says and rubs my back.

"You don't know that, Lydia" I shout at her and lift my head to face her.

"I am sorry! I shouldn't have shouted at you" I tell her.

"No worries" She smiles and just then the doctor walk out. I quickly get up and run to him.

"Is she okay?" I ask, worried.

"Mrs. Giovanni does have an amount of an unknown liquid in her system. I assume it is a new type of poison, because I have never heard or seen something like this before. Fortunately for her, she didn't drink much of her champagne and that's why it took the poison so long to actually start working. That doesn't mean that it does not affect her" He says and I feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Can you heal her?" I ask.

"I am not 100% sure yet, but I'm going to need to take her to my lab for experiments" The doctor says.

"Great, we are going then" Toni says.

"Oh, I am sorry! Not all of you can come with me, it's part of the policy" He says.

"Doc, he is her brother and I really need to know if she can be cured" I tell him and he sighs.

"Only the two of you, though! No one else" He says and we nod.

The doctor walks back in her room to get her ready and Derek walks towards me.

"Please inform me if there are any news, okay?" Derek asks me and I nod.

"Don't worry, I will contact you immediately" I assure him and he nods.

"Come on Kath, we are leaving now" Toni tells me.

"Ok, we will call you if we have any news" I say and we see the doctor, pushing the bed Tori is sleeping in.

"We are going to get her there with an ambulance. You two need to take your own ride" The doctor tells us and leaves with Tori.

"Come on" I tell Toni and we walk out and get in the car. He takes a seat on the driver's seat and I sit on the passenger's seat. He starts driving and I keep my stare on the window.

"She's going to be okay" He tells me.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" I ask and he giggles a little.

"Maybe both of us" He says, giggling but then he stops.

"I just can't imagine what I would do without her in my life" He says, as he keeps his stare on the road.

"She's 19, I have never thought that she would ever die that early" He says.

"Hey, she won't die. I will think something! WE will think something" I say and place my hand on his.

"Thank you" He tells me and I nod.

"Of course" I say.

We got to the doctor's lab and he just placed Tori on the bed of his lab.

"Mr. Giovanni and...." Another doctor asks, nodding at me.

"Parker. Miss Parker" I tell him and he nods.

"You will stay right here" He says and started walking back.

"We will stay here? Why?" I ask and I look over at Toni, who has the same confused expression, written all over his face.