39. Please wake up

Katherine's pov

It's been a week and Toni is still in a coma. I haven't left his side since the end of the war. Only two days ago, Lydia came and, pretty much begged me, to eat and take a shower because I stunk.

I am, currently, sitting next to him and hold his hand when I hear the door open.

"Katherine, you need to eat! We are all worried about you" Scarlett says and I turn around to meet the girls and Damiano.

"No, I have to stay by his side until he wakes up" I say and turn my attention back on the man that lays on the bed.

"Do you actually believe that when Toni wakes up, he'll be proud if he sees that you haven't eaten since he first layed down on that bed?" Tori asks me but I don't turn to face her.

"He can lecture me all he wants as long as he wakes up" I say and hold his hand tighter.

"Well, what are we supposed to do about Dimitri?" Raf asks.

"Why are you asking me? We should wait until Toni wakes up" I say.

"It's a rule all Mafias have. When the official leader can't make a decision, his match should make it. Since Toni cannot make the decision, you have to do it! Toni's mafia is above ours and we can't decide anything without his, or your, knowledge" Valeria explains and I sigh.

"Let the bastard in the basement! He deserves to be tortured by Toni as well!" I say.

"What about Derek?" Natasha asks.

"Where is he now?" I ask.

"We have him locked in a room not at the basement. He cannot leave and there is a guard right outside his door" Lydia says and I sigh.

"Move him! I can't believe I'm saying this, but lock him up" I tell them and I hear them gasp.

"Kath are you sure?" Tori asks me.

"Until we figure out what to do with him and how to heal him, I cannot trust my brother and you shouldn't either" I tell them.

"Kath-"

"You said that my words are your command! Well, my command to you is that!" I turn to face them, shouting at them.

"Yes, Mrs!" The girls say, before exiting.

"What do you want, D?" I ask him, as he starts at me smiling.

"Stop looking at me like that and smiling like an idiot! What is it?" I ask him and his smile widens.

"Mi sono appena reso conto di quanto siete simili voi due!"
{I just realized how similar you two are!} He says pointing at me and Toni.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"The first time you were in a hospital bed, after the kidnapping, he wouldn't leave your side nor would he eat. I'm pretty sure that happened when you were in LA as well. That's the first thing, the second is that he is friendly to his friends and family but if they mishear or try to argue with him, he will raise his voice at us, making us remember that he's in charge. You just did the same thing" He says, pointing at me and I sit back down, sighing, before grabbing Toni's hand again.

"Did he really feel like this when I was laying on a hospital bed?" I ask and Damiano stays silent, not knowing what to answer, giving me the answer I want.

"I just wish that he'd wake up! Hold me in his arms! Tell me that everything is going to be okay!" I start saying, as I feel a tear falling from my eye.

"Hey, hey! Come here" I here D say and he walks towards me. He kneels down and pulls me in a hug.

"He's going to be alright! He has too! Otherwise we will kick his ass and he knows it" Damiano tries to comfort me but I know he's worried as well. He's best friend is lying there and doesn't know when, or if, he's going to wake up. I nod and pull away.