29. The second date

Katherine's pov

I got discharged a few hours ago and Toni hasn't left my side ever since.

"Toni I'm fine" I tell him and he looks at me.

"Bella, you got shot. There's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone" Toni says as we are walking to the room Ace prepared us.

"When are we leaving?" I ask him.

"Tomorrow. Ace has to take care of somethings before we leave and I have to be sure that you are 100% ready to travel" He says and opens the door in front of me.

I look around, not seeing Toni's stare on my back.

"I know what you're going to say that you are fine, but I'm the one who was waiting for you to wake up. I was waiting for you to wake up for 5 hours and in those hours I completely lost my mind. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep and I certainly couldn't think of anything else other than you on the bed at the ER" He comes to me and grabs my face.

"If you'd get hurt, princess, or worse, I'd think that it was my fault. It's been years since my parent's death and I still think that it's my fault. If I lose you too, I'll lose myself, do you understand me? So I don't care if you feel ready to travel because either you do or not I'm not going to risk neither your physical nor your mental health" Toni tells me and I stay there shocked.

"Toni, wow, I-I never thought that you were thinking that way" I say and sit on the bed.

"God I feel so selfish right now" I say, burying my face in my hands.

"No, no, no Bella, I didn't tell you that to make you feel bad. All I wanted was to get this out of me" He says and lifts my face to face him.

"I know and I really appreciate that you did. I wouldn't want you to have this all to yourself" I tell him.

"I don't think I could ever keep my feelings hidden from you, even if I wanted to" He says and kisses me. The kiss is slow and passionate, full of emotion. I do adore him when he's powerful and fearless but it's when he shows me his vulnerable side that I love him the most. Wait love? Shit, I do. Oh my God!

"Are you alright?" He asks me. Of course he sensed that something was wrong.

"Yeah I'm fine" I say and he smiles.

"You know what? We have the rest of the day for ourselves. How about we get the hell out of here?" He asks me.

"And go where?" I ask him, smiling as he stands up.

"Take a shower and get changed. I have an idea in mind" He says and kisses me before walking out of the room.

"Что ты со мной делаешь, Антонио Джованни?" {What are you doing to me, Antonio Giovanni?} I say to myself, before standing up and walking towards the bathroom.

I remove my clothes and I step in the shower. I turn the water to hot and let it run down my body. I close my eyes and relax, hissing a bit when the water touches my wound.

~Time Skip~

I step out of the bathroom with a towel around my body and another covering my hair. I start walking towards the closet and Toni walks in.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you, should I were something specific?" I ask him.

"Nope" He tells me.

"Good, also, I don't have any of my clothes" I tell him.

"That's why I'm here" Scarlett says, walking in.

"I have no doubt that you'll look like a goddess baby, but I do have to leave you. I need to get ready myself" He says kissing me before walking out.