12.Questions From The Council

Myrtle: Y/N?! My god where have you been all these years?!

Your honorary aunt's mouth had been agape since you'd stepped foot in the academy and she ran at you giving you a passionate hug, wrapping her arms around you, an ever so slight sob at the surface of her face, you hug her back, you loved Myrtle, and even with the news you'd just received, you couldn't help but feel relief at the reunion, however Madison rushed to the forefront of your mind again soon enough and you look out to the rest of the room.

Y/N: What the hell's happened with Madison?

Myrtle: Sit down, Y/N, I've heard how close you were, I'm sorry but we must ask you some questions

You sit in the seat at the centre of the room and look to the three members of the council, ready to heed their questions, still only worried for Madison.

Cecily: Y/N where were you last night?

Y/N: I was out with Zoe... we were at a friend's house

You look to Zoe who sits uncomfortably in your peripheral vision.

Quentin: And do you know where Miss Montgomery was at the same time?

Y/N: She was out with my grandma, apparently learning 'the ways of the supreme'

You flail your arms sarcastically as you emphasise the concluding phrase, making a slight mockery of it.

Cecily: And Mr Foxx-

Y/N: Goode. Mr Goode, or Y/N, not Foxx

You'd always been uncomfortable associating with your adopted father's name, it was nothing drastic, you simply didn't like him, you grew up without him around much and always knew of his anger that he couldn't have, as he put it, a child of his own.

Cecily: My apologies, Mr Goode, we know you've been close to Miss Montgomery as of late, could you go deeper into that?

You took a deep breath in, desperately fighting to keep your emotions in check and conceal just how much you cared for the girl.

Y/N: There ain't much to tell, I really like her, she's amazing, sure she's not most people's favourite but she's seriously great when you get to know her

The council look at you hesitantly, knowing of the blonde's 'problematic nature'.

Y/N: Look I know she wouldn't just leave, she cares about this coven, that's why she can be such a bitch, cos she cares, about every single thing in this motherfucking place

An awkward tension filled the atmosphere, everyone shocked by your passionate admission of care toward the missing blonde. You exhaled sharply, composing yourself.

Y/N: Look, something's happened to her, I know it has, and I'm gonna get her back, fucking believe me...

With that you stroll to the exit, pain etched on your face, you turn back, looking at the room of witches, eyes fixing on Fiona.

Y/N: If you know what happened, you tell me

With that you turned again, ascending the stairs and going to Madison's room, you searched for signs of where she could be for no less than an hour, you rang her phone multiple times over and tried desperately to recount anything she said she planned on doing, you searched into late hours of the night with no progress, eventually you lay down on her bed, the same one you'd slept in with her on countless occasions, you were in need of rest, and you drifted into an uneasy nap.

An hour later you were awoken by the girls of the coven debating loudly, you followed the sound in annoyance at your disturbed slumber.

Zoe: Madison's not dead!

Nan: Then why can't I hear her? 

Queenie: Maybe she found a way to keep you out of her head. I know I've been trying

Nan: No. She passed on

You decide to butt in.

Y/N: We should be out looking for her

Nan: Fiona told us to stay inside

Y/N: Like I give a fuck what Fiona says

As you say that, the woman herself calls you, you answer to find her panicked and hysterical.

Fiona: Y/N! Y/N oh my god get to the hospital now! It's your mother, you need to come see her!

The phone cuts off before you can even comprehend the words said to you.

Zoe: What is it?

Y/N: It's my mom, look I'm gonna go see her, you guys stay here ok?

With that you rush out of the house and into your car, speeding to the nearby hospital.