26.The Truth Comes Out

The next morning after waking up next to Madison and going through your usual morning routine, you make some coffee for both yourself and Madison, as well as breakfast. Soon enough you go back up the stairs to your room and find it empty, you hear Madison's voice coming from her and Zoe's room and follow but as you approach you hear them speaking about something in hushed and panicked tones.

Madison: I don't care if he should know Zoe! He's better off without it, he-he can't know what she did to me, I can't hurt him like tha-

Zoe: It's not you who'd be hurting him Madison... She did, the minute she slit your throat...

Madison: You need to quiet the fuck down, trust me, I want her dead, I wish he wanted her dead too, but he hates her enough for that shit we made up anyway... If he knew how bad she really he is that'd send him over

Zoe: She killed you Madison... She knew he loved you and she still did that. Look I know you love him too much to hurt him like that. But if he knew then he'd disown her, if anything the not knowing makes it worse, now he thinks we all just want her dead and and it'll psych him out cos he doesn't. Tell him. It'll only bring you closer and it'll only make you happier

You'd gone entirely stiff you were lost for words, what the fuck were you listening to? You'd spent the last 2 weeks wishing endlessly that Spalding was dead for killing Madison, and now you'd found out it was your own grandmother. You though she'd just seen it, and even that made you hate her, but now... this sent rage coursing through you, now you wanted your own grandmother dead.

Eventually you zoned back in from your quick mental breakdown and listened intently back in on their conversation.

Madison: Ok, look, maybe he should know... but I can't risk losing him, and if he knew... I just feel like-like I would...

You hear her start to quietly sob and only more anger courses through you, anger at nothing in particular, anger at Madison for not telling you, anger at Fiona for doing what she'd done, anger at yourself for not seeing it sooner, hell just anger at life, this cruel, wicked torture that never let up. 

All you knew in the moment was that you couldn't have Madison believing she'd done wrong, and so you slowly pushed open the door and dropped the coffee and breakfast with a loud crash, Zoe looked up at you shocked, Madison followed suit but looked down again in utter despair, you just stood awkwardly, looking at Madison feeling gut-wrenching sympathy and the ever growing urgency to help her.

Y/N: I'm so, so fucking sorry...

The blonde looks to you with tearful surprise. Zoe smirks slightly and rushes out of the room.

Madison: What?

Y/N: How the hell could I ever leave you Maddie... I love you

She sniffs up and chuckles slightly as you grab her face lovingly.

Madison: I love you too...

You kiss her passionately, somehow feeling even more love than you ever had. After a long kiss you pull your head back and look her in the eye.

Y/N: Fiona's dead to me, you're my world now blondie, it's me and you, you get that?

Madison: Yeah cupcake, yeah I do

She chuckles slightly again and wipes her eye of tears, you hug again but pull away and look to the door as Zoe rushes in.

Zoe: Nan wants us to visit Luke

Y/N: That girl is too obsessed

Madison: Well we aren't going, we have better shit to do

Y/N: I'm going...

The blonde looks to you frustrated, you return a smug grin knowing the response about to come.

Madison: Give me 20 minutes...

Just 30 minutes later you stroll through the hospital halls with Zoe, and Madison, who clutches onto your arm eagerly, a lit cigarette clinging to her lips as ever. 

Zoe: You can't smoke in here Madison

Madison: Why don't you go tell someone?

You continue quickly down the hall as an ill man in a wheelchair is rolled past.

Madison: Ugh, sick people really gross me out

Y/N: I'm sure you gross them out even more 

She smiles at you sarcastically and grips your arm slightly harder, as you continue to walk you round a corner and find Nan, each sighing in relief.

Madison: We've been looking everywhere for you 

Y/N: Nan I'm sorry but it's time to go... Cordelia wants us all back at the house

Nan: I need to see Luke

Madison: You haven't seen him yet? You've been here since last night

Nan: His mum won't let me

Y/N: That's bullshit

You shove your way into the room and let Nan pass you, resting a hand on her back as comfort.

Nan: Luke?!

Joan: Who said you could come in here?! Get out before I call security!

Y/N: She just wants to see him

Joan: Absolutely not! It's your fault my son's in a coma, you brought this darkness into my home

You watch Nan read the catatonic boy's mind and repeat his thoughts to his mother.

Nan: Luke says 'Calm down. Don't have a fit, like at the lake last summer?' 

Joan: When did he tell you that?

Nan: Now

Joan: You're a liar, or a lunatic...

Madison: No, bitch, she's clairvoyant

Joan retorts with a typical biblical quote and the three women before you descend into an endless argument until you can't bear it anymore.

 Joan: There's no way you could know any of this!

Y/N: For fuck's sake Joan they're witches! Haven't you figured that out by now? Come on Nan, she doesn't deserve your help

The four of you move to the exit but turn as Joan begins to sing the song Nan had previously recommended. Nan approaches happily and joins her and you stand awkwardly at the doorway with Zoe and Madison, the latter still yet to release her grip of you.

Y/N: Look I think we should leave them to it, just stay in the waiting room for a while

The three of you step out, Zoe sits on your left and to your right Madison rests on your shoulder, looking up at you admirably and you return your own loving gaze... For now you had to play the waiting game, and your mother just had to wait.