23.Best Friends

Later, you walk with Madison up to hers and Zoe's room, entering to find her still teaching Kyle. She looks up happily at the two of you when you enter, Madison however, was as desperate as ever to wipe the smirk from her face.

Madison: Oh look its Zoe and her own little Frankenstein of fucking

Zoe: You say that like you weren't dead

Madison: Maybe, but I have Y/N now, and he makes me feel more alive than ever, I don't think you're ever doing that for Barney the brain dead dinosaur there

Y/N: Shut up Maddie, please, stop being a bitch

She looks away from you feeling disrespected, before looking down at the game Kyle was learning with.

Madison: The hell's this?

Zoe: We're gonna be busy all night, now he has something to do

Y/N: Hey look I'm not gonna be doing the sacred taking, the whole thing's kinda out of my capabilities. I was gonna go out for a drink but I can just stay with him all night if you want

Zoe: You sure?

Y/N: Yeah of course, got nothing better to do

Zoe and Madison get up on their feet, the latter pulling you into a heated kiss, before you can get too excited you look to Zoe staring uncomfortably to the floor and pull away from Madison.

Y/N: Ok come on you gotta get going, you remember everything you're doing?

Madison: Of course I do... I'm Madison Montgomery

She pulls you into a final impassioned make out session and soon follows Zoe out the door.

Madison: Love you!

Y/N: Love you too!

You shut the door behind her as she rushes off, before looking to Kyle on the bed playing his game, he looks up at you silently and you clap your hands.

Y/N: Alright big guy, let's get learning...

An hour later, after supporting Kyle with his learning game, you watch as he catapults it across the room in frustration after spelling 'friend' as 'freind'. He gets up to his feet and kicks and swings around the room. You rush to him and shove your arms around his shoulders in a tight hug to calm him.

Y/N: Hey, hey, Kyle come on, it's ok alright? Calm down...

Slowly but surely you feel the tension release from his body as he calms in your presence.

Y/N: Hey, look at me, man, chill out ok? 

You take his face in your hands and he looks to you with tears in his eyes.

Y/N: Friend is easy buddy, F R I E N D. Like me, I'm your friend, your best friend... you're my best friend too man... You get that?

Kyle nods vigorously with a slight smirk on his mouth and hugs you tight, sobbing slightly.

Kyle: Y/N... Friend. Best friend

Eventually you get him calmed down fully and sit him on Zoe's bed. After a few minutes of watching him silently, you speak up.

Y/N: What was it like Kyle? Being dead. Maddie told me what it was for her and it sounded like hell... was it?

He looks at you somewhat blankly, you watch his mouth quiver slightly as he tries to find words to describe it but again you simply see a single tear fall ever so slowly down his cheek, his frustrations overcoming him as he fails to speak his own language.

Y/N: Hey remember what you've been learning ok? Chill out, slow down, and say what you can

He stutters slightly as he forces his way through a description.

Kyle: It-It's dark, and scary, I felt... nothing, empty

He starts to sob gently and you hold him in your arms as comfort, deep down this was still Kyle Spencer, this was still your best friend and the guy you'd loved since you were a kid. 

Y/N: Hey it's ok... it's alright, you aren't gonna be back there, not for a long time, you hear me? You got the coven now, we're all your gonna help you, your mom can't hurt you anymore, no buses are gonna flip, no dickhead frat bros, just us ok?

He pulls away and smiles weakly at the floor.

Kyle: Thank you Y/N, I... l-love... you

Y/N: Yeah I love you too buddy...

Kyle: Y-you are my... best f-friend 

Y/N: And you're mine bro... My best friend