30.Laid To Rest

You lie awake later that same night, the image of Nan killing Joan replayed itself over and over again in your head, Madison rested peacefully next to you, cuddled into you chest and ignorant to what had happened throughout the day, ignorant of Joan's murder, of your compliance, to Misty's disappearance. You just didn't know what to do, you were lost, guilty, haunted by any and all bad decisions you'd ever made. You sneaked out of bed, weary not to wake Madison, and headed outside for a smoke, as you walked to the stairs however a tingle ached down your spine, one urging you to enter the bathroom, and so you did and what you witnessed instilled sheer agony, it was Nan, laying dead in the bath tub, drowned.

The next morning you stand in the cemetery, hand in hand with Madison and tears drowning your eyes. You'd reported Nan's demise as soon as you found her and after a night of investigation and mourning it had set in that she was really gone, the most innocent person you'd ever known, and yet your final memory of her was one of sheer malice. 

Now you stood here, in solidarity with the rest of the coven, and you stood here in solidarity with Nan, wherever the hell she was now, you didn't even know why the funeral was happening already, all your mother said was that 'Witches do things quick'.

Fiona: Our coven mourns, after facing so many trials, defending ourselves against onslaughts, forging enemies into friends. The witches of Miss Robichaux's Academy have fought for their lives and won, and so it is with great sadness we must say goodbye to Nan, who fell in the tub.

You lose focus of your grandmother's words and concede awareness of the world around you, all until you return to reality via the comforting squeeze from your girlfriend's hand, you look to Madison who stares at you in understanding of your pain before switching her gaze to Myrtle, and you follow suit, as the red haired witch pipes up.

Myrtle: If only Misty Day were here to bring the poor girl back

You see Madison's eyes flick open wider as if slightly panicked and raise an eyebrow confused but you're interrupted by Cordelia.

Cordelia: We have to do something before one more of our girls dies

Myrtle: Your mother's Pol Pot in Givenchy, what can be done?

Y/N: Whatever it takes...

The three women involved in the conversation look to you understanding your determination but Madison suddenly changes topic clearly looking to keep Misty's whereabouts out of mind.

Madison: Misty's probably twirled her way to the everglades by now, don't bother

You look to Madison, face scrunched into doubt and inquisition, she looks straight back to you aware of your suspicion and maintaining a composed facade in an attempt to deter your worry. She crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow in that typical way you were so used to, looking at you aware of your judgement. 

Madison: What?

You grab her by the elbow and swiftly drag her away from the congregation of witches. All the way she exclaims insults until you come to a stop and look her in the eye, she returns a look of guilt and annoyance.

Y/N: What's wrong with you?

Madison: Nothing much... Just mourning the loss of our dear friend

Y/N: No stop being a dick, I'm serious, the hell happened with Misty? You went out with her and nobody's seen her since... And now you're acting real weird so what did you do?

Madison: What do you think I did Y/N? You think I killed her? You think I'm capable of shit like that?

She looks to you feigning hurt at your accusation but you force yourself to avoid falling for her guilt trip.

Y/N: Yeah Maddie, we both know you'd be totally capable of shit like that... And we both know I'm not brain-dead, so tell me what the fuck you did

She looks to the floor still crossing her arms and clearly guilty of your unspecified confrontation she speaks up but is interrupted immediately by a commotion across the cemetery, Madison, clearly desperate to avoid further argument, grabbed your hand and dragged you over, on your way you see Queenie, still alive, with Lalaurie still at her services, you also see her in fighting with the rest of the coven.

Cordelia: The most important thing is that you're safe

Fiona: None of us are safe!

Y/N: Yeah not with you around...

Fiona looks to you shocked and seething, you didn't know why you made the comment but it came out, and it was the least you needed to do.

Fiona: Do not speak to me like that, I'm not the enemy! Why can't you understand that?!

Y/N: Because you continue to fail in proving me wrong, Queenie you're coming with us, we're just glad you're safe

You strut away still hand in hand with Madison.

Madison: You gotta be assertive more often, I love it more and more every time...

Y/N: Not the fucking time, Maddie, I'm not done with you